Rage Pro: No XFree86 Support?

Post by Manuel Guesd » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

>| I've been scouring the newsgroups, HOW-TO's and man pages trying to get

>| (2.0.27 kernel).

May be you can try to put:
        ChipId          0x4754
        ChipRev 0x01

in video card device section (where you put the VideoRam size).

Hope this helps.

http://www.sbuilders.com                        PGP Key Id: 76AB60D1

Rage Pro: No XFree86 Support?

Post by Colin Smit » Sat, 18 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> I've been scouring the newsgroups, HOW-TO's and man pages trying to get

> (2.0.27 kernel). Initially it seemed that the 3.3.1 release of the Mach64
> server supported the card, at least that's what the HOW-TO and a number
> of postings claimed. However, upon installation of all required rpm's,
> and setup with the 3.3.1 Setup program, I cannot get anything but a gray
> screen and an X cursor. Also, it will only start in 8bpp (even when I

The grey screen with X cursor sounds like X is up and running to me.

What init level are you running at?

If you are trying to start X with startx, try using init 5 instead. This
should start up xdm and put a login box on your screen.

--
Linux: The hottest thing in the solar system.

My opinions in no way represent those of Data General.