Gateway P5-120 Professional System and STB Trio 64V graphics.

Gateway P5-120 Professional System and STB Trio 64V graphics.

Post by Michael Co » Thu, 12 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I'm about to buy a Gateway P5-120 Professional System in order
to run Linux.

Can anyone give any assurances about hardware compatibility particularly
with reference to the graphics card:

STB Trio 64V

I can't find it in the hardware or XFree How-Tos although it looks
like it may be an S3 Trio Chipset.

Does it work?

Thanks in advance,

Michael Cox.

Gateway P5-120 Professional System and STB Trio 64V graphics.

Post by Michael Co » Thu, 12 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Gateway tell me that this is a new graphics card from STB with the
chipset:

S3 86C 765

Anybody know if this works?

1. Slackware 2.3 and Gateway 2000 P5-120 Elite

I have recently bought myself a Gateway 2000 pentium machine (the
P5-120 Elite to be precise) and have found that although Linux itself
seems to be okay, that the system will *completely* hang whenever it
tries to produce any type of graphics, either through X or SVGAlib.
Does anyone know a solution to the problem? I have tried the X-inside
X server for my Matrox Millenium graphics card, but to no avail. Could
somebody please help ... I am getting desperate. Thanx.

-

Jason Thacker   -   PC Support
Planet Online Ltd.                 http://www.theplanet.net/
As always, any views are mine and not the companies.

2. Running 220 as X client for 320

3. Ensoniq Soundscape for Gateway 2000 P5-120

4. KAddressBook

5. Sound config on a Gateway P5-120 (Ensonic Soundscape) Can't fix it Help Pleas.

6. Gnome on Solaris

7. Mach 64 on Gateway 2000 P5-120 does not work help pleas.

8. Seyon question

9. Gateway's P5-120 Triple deck 4x CD-ROM

10. Newbie trying to install on Gateway P5-120 Machine

11. What bits do I need for Gateway P5-120 Elite

12. ? Success with STB Trio 64V+ and Gateway Vivitron 17"

13. Gateway Vivitron 1776 and STB Trio 64V++