Sony TSL-9000 DAT Autoloader/Phobos P430 Quadport net card

Sony TSL-9000 DAT Autoloader/Phobos P430 Quadport net card

Post by Chris J/ » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hiya,

Don't know if anyone can help me with problems we're having with a new
server we have at work...it's a Dell PowerEdge 4300, running RedHat 6.1,
kernel 2.2.13 (SMP - it's a Dual PIII 500). There are a couple of bits of
hardware we're seeking information for.

Does anyone know how to, or where I can find, information or software
relating to the Sony TSL-9000 DAT Autoloader? Specifically, how to control
which tape the autoloader is using, and how to load and unload the DATs.
It's detected as a standard tape device (st0).

And second, we have a Phobos P430 Quadport 100Base-Tx network card...Phobos
*does* provide drivers for this, but they're refusing to go into our kernel.
The modules themselves are built for 2.2.5 ... can 2.2.5 modules install
into 2.2.13? All attempts so far have failed..."printk", "sprintf",
"free_irq" were amongst some of the unresolved symbols. Is it an SMP issue
(ie, can modules built for uni-processor boxen be installed into an SMP
kernel?).  We're awaiting a reply for Phobos as well.

Thanks for any help :)

Chris...

   / between Sex and Gender. Therein lies the key  /                       \
  / to our freedom" -- LB                         / www.nccnet.co.uk/~sixie \

Sony TSL-9000 DAT Autoloader/Phobos P430 Quadport net card

Post by Gordon McLenna » Thu, 06 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I don't know if this is of any help, but we too have a Dell 4300
and TSL 9000 running Microsoft Small Business Server (NT4
server). We use Arcserve 6.5 plus the Tape Library Option. Is
there Arcserver for Linux?