Need help with SCSI tape drive

Post by p.. » Tue, 25 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I have an EXABYTE EXB-8200 tape driver that works with OS/2.
It refuses to work under Linux. When I try to write to tape using tar I get
to effect that there is no more space on tape. I tried to erase the whole tape
using mt-st it lookes that that worked but still cannot write to tape.
Any help in this matter will be appreciated.

1. Need Help With SCSI Tape Drive Interface

We have a DECStation 5000/200 running Ultrix 4.2 and are doing IO to Exabyte
tape drives.  The manual for the drives gives information on the SCSI commands
it will accept.  How can I issue one of these command either from within a C
program or from the unix xommand line?
I have been able to obtain rudimentary control using the ioctl function within
C and the mt command from the OS but these don't offer all the commands the
drives claim to acknowledge.
Please send e-mail as I posted this message to several groups none of which I
read frequently.

Thanx in advance
--
I knew how the game was going to end when I took Brenda
        into the filing room but I took her in anyway.  --Al

/* Jeffery G. Smith, BS-RHIT (AKA Doc. Insomnia, WMHD-FM)       *
 *    The Ohio State University, Graduate Physics Program       *
 *        3193 Smith Lab, Columbus, OH 43210  (614) 292-5321    *

2. user@host addressing over uucp, HELP!

3. Need help installing scsi tape drive

4. Objective-C on Linux?

5. Need help adding SCSI tape drive

6. Problems with model 355 type 7012

7. Need help with SCSI Tape Drive

8. Anyone w/ Linux on K6? Favor?

9. Help needed with Tandberg TDC3800 SCSI tape drive

10. Tape Drive Support: HP c1533A DDS-2 SCSI TAPE DRIVE

11. Blocksize error on 4mm SCSI tape drive, need help

12. SCSI Seagate STT20000N tape drive: need help!!

13. Need Help w/ using SCSI QIC drive to read tapes from floppy QIC