Sound Blaster Live Digital Out?

Sound Blaster Live Digital Out?

Post by Vincent Valent » Tue, 31 Jul 2001 04:13:27



I have the SB Live X-gamer 5.1, which I hook up to my 5.1 receiver using
a Coaxial digial cable from the digital out port on the card. Works fine
in Windows, but I can only seem to use analog out in Linux. How do I fix
this? I'm using RedHat 7.1

Many thanks in advance,
v

 
 
 

Sound Blaster Live Digital Out?

Post by Jason Kirschenbau » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 09:33:24


Hi,

I had a problem w/ a soundlbaster live value that was similar to this.
I downloaded the drivers/utils from creative's website, it has a whole bunch
of utilities to configure the cards. just follow the directions and install
the tools. I fiddled with the script and the gui control pnal until I got
the card to work.
btw, I'm using rh7.1 also.
hope this helps,
        Jason


> I have the SB Live X-gamer 5.1, which I hook up to my 5.1 receiver using
> a Coaxial digial cable from the digital out port on the card. Works fine
> in Windows, but I can only seem to use analog out in Linux. How do I fix
> this? I'm using RedHat 7.1

> Many thanks in advance,
> v


 
 
 

Sound Blaster Live Digital Out?

Post by Vincent Valent » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 15:14:06




> Hi,

> I had a problem w/ a soundlbaster live value that was similar to this. I
> downloaded the drivers/utils from creative's website, it has a whole
> bunch of utilities to configure the cards. just follow the directions
> and install the tools. I fiddled with the script and the gui control
> pnal until I got the card to work.
> btw, I'm using rh7.1 also.
> hope this helps,
>         Jason

Hmmm....are you talking about the beta opensource drivers from
opensource.creativelabs.com? I could not fing any gui utils for it there,
however.

Thanks for answering,
Vin

 
 
 

Sound Blaster Live Digital Out?

Post by Jason Kirschenbau » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 06:38:29





> > Hi,

> > I had a problem w/ a soundlbaster live value that was similar to this. I
> > downloaded the drivers/utils from creative's website, it has a whole
> > bunch of utilities to configure the cards. just follow the directions
> > and install the tools. I fiddled with the script and the gui control
> > pnal until I got the card to work.
> > btw, I'm using rh7.1 also.
> > hope this helps,
> >         Jason

> Hmmm....are you talking about the beta opensource drivers from
> opensource.creativelabs.com? I could not fing any gui utils for it there,
> however.

> Thanks for answering,
> Vin

It's in the utils directory, try find -names *gtk*, but it won't stay unless
you fiddle with the script, you'll actually need to compile the control and
script utils, I don't remember how I did this, but by next week I'll have done
it again, so if you still don't have any luck post back before next weds, and
I'll have exactly what I did.

                Jason

 
 
 

Sound Blaster Live Digital Out?

Post by Vincent Valent » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 15:11:27







>> > Hi,

>> > I had a problem w/ a soundlbaster live value that was similar to
>> > this. I downloaded the drivers/utils from creative's website, it has
>> > a whole bunch of utilities to configure the cards. just follow the
>> > directions and install the tools. I fiddled with the script and the
>> > gui control pnal until I got the card to work.
>> > btw, I'm using rh7.1 also.
>> > hope this helps,
>> >         Jason

>> Hmmm....are you talking about the beta opensource drivers from
>> opensource.creativelabs.com? I could not fing any gui utils for it
>> there, however.

>> Thanks for answering,
>> Vin

> It's in the utils directory, try find -names *gtk*, but it won't stay
> unless you fiddle with the script, you'll actually need to compile the
> control and script utils, I don't remember how I did this, but by next
> week I'll have done it again, so if you still don't have any luck post
> back before next weds, and I'll have exactly what I did.

>                 Jason

No need - I found what you were talking about. It still didn't work at
first, but upgrading to the new 2.4.9 kernel seems to have fixed
everything (I know they finally merged the latest SBLive drivers into the
kernal with this release). After configuring and running "emu-script"
digital out works great! Thanks!

Vin

 
 
 

1. Sound blaster PCI128 and Sound blaster live

Hi,
        I am trying to setup linux (rh5.2) on 2 machines currently.
One of the machines has a Soundblaster PCI128 card on it and the other a
Soundblaster Live card.

I tried sndconf on the machine with the PCI128 it did detect it as the ensoniq
sb pci128 card but when it tried to play the sound sample it failed saying

sox: can't open output file /dev/dsp: operation not supported by device

What's the deal?? I tried chmod 666 /dev/dsp to no avail.

As for the SB live card. I have not tried setting up the sound at all.
I keep seeing posts saying that it is as yet unsupported but there was a
message way back in nov or dec 98 that some one had succeded in using the
ensoniq 1370 for it too.

Any help will be appreciated.
                                Arun.
PS: Would appreciate it if anyreplies could be emailed to me at

2. Infortrend 3102 and BSD 3.0

3. Sound Blaster Live digital output

4. Need INFO and GCC documentation advice

5. Sound BLaster Live and Graphics Blaster RIVA TNT Drivers

6. Red Hat X: where is .fvwmrc?

7. Help: No sound in Mandriva 2005 LE/ Sound Blaster Live Audigy 7.1 (24b)

8. ups on ELF Linux?

9. sound card problem(creative sound blaster live! value)

10. Sound Blaster Live - How do you Activate a sound card

11. Sound: Sound Blaster Live !Value and Red-Hat 6.0

12. No Sound: "Sound Blaster Live 5.2" & Knoppix 3.2

13. Anyone able to get 5.1 sound with a sound blaster live?