MITSUMI QUAD SPEED CD-ROM DRIVER

Post by Ramanujam Rajagopa » Mon, 03 Apr 1995 05:00:00

        Does anyone know where I can get a Linux boot driver for the new
quad speed mitsumi's??

        Thanks

MITSUMI QUAD SPEED CD-ROM DRIVER

Post by vp24n.. » Tue, 04 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>    Does anyone know where I can get a Linux boot driver for the new
>quad speed mitsumi's??

Tech tip of the day: Mitsumi Quad-speeders and any ATAPI CDROM drive
(you know, the ones that use the IDE interface) are supported
in kernels newer than 1.1.86. To be absolutely sure, get the
Slackware 2.2.0 CDROM set from your favorite vendor.

My favorite vendor is:
        InfoMagic Inc. 1-(800)-800-6613
(they'd rather you used their toll number, so don't tell them
I gave ya the 800-number :)

1. Mitsumi Quad Speed CD-ROM Units

I'm thinking of upgrading my CD-Rom unit from single to quad speed.
I already use a mitsumi single speed unit, and was wondering whether the
existing device driver would work for the 4x unit (the /dev/mcd).
If it won't work, then does any one know where I could find the patch that
would allow me to use a quad speed mitsumi ?

If you can help me could you please reply by e-mail to :-

Thanks

*           Sh'ma Yisroel Adonai Eloheynu Adonni Echad                        *
*             Baruch Shem Kavod Malchuto L'ollam Va'ed                        *

PO Box 147, Liverpool, L69 3BX.       http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/users/u2gps/
Finger for PGP Key

2. tracking redirects for clicks

3. Plug&Play Linux installation help (using Mitsumi quad speed CD-ROM Drive)

4. xrainbow binaries?

5. Quad speed Mitsumi CD ROM

6. PROBLEM: kernel 2.4.21-rc5 unpredictably hangs

7. Mitsumi Quad Speed CD Driver Rq.

8. ASCI character table

9. Device driver for Mitsumi Triple Speed ATAPI IDE CD-ROM drive?

10. Mitsumi double speed cd-rom driver ?

11. SNOW 2.3 linux-version / Mitsumi Quad-Ide (ATAPI) cd-rom HELP !!!!

12. Toshiba quad-speed CD-ROM???

13. Installing Linux on 1275Mb IDE and Quad-Speed CD-ROM