flashing white screen with ATI RAGE PRO LT

flashing white screen with ATI RAGE PRO LT

Post by jaspal kalla » Sat, 31 Mar 2001 21:26:29

Hi,

Has anybody had a problem with ATI 3D RAGE PRO LT video card with
occassional flashing white screen brought on when changing virtual
console
i.e CTRL-ALT-F1. My screen PRINCETON DPP560.

Also since this flashing screen (BTW, I have to re-boot the PC to cure
the flashing)
I get sometimes no kernal messages when linux boots i.e a blank screen
and then
I get the (Suse 7.0 professional) KDM manager. Sometimes even this
sometimes appears but the picture is dim.

Another thing even when I boot into Windows 95 I get a similar problem
now
with sometimes the screen being blank during startup.

So, any ideas on
1) the flashing screen?
2) if the video card or the monitor (screen) is at fault?

Thnaks,

Jaspal

1. White screen of death on Presario 1700T/ATI Rage Pro Mobility

Occasionally, the LCD display on my Presario notebook "dissolves" to a white
screen while running X.  The only recovery is to shut it if off for a while.
It seems this happens when the computer gets very hot as if the video card
is overheating (?).  But it has never happened under Windo$e.  Any ideas how
to prevent this?  Maybe sync rates that are too high or otherwise set
poorly?

I am running xfree 4.02 (although the same happened under 3.x).  I have an
ATI Rage Pro Mobility with Mach64 chipset, and I selected the default Mach64
driver and settings when I (auto) configured X.

Thanks for any ideas,
Eric

2. Suze Linux an ethernet configuration

3. ATI Rage LT Pro/LCD Screen problem

4. Ext USB Acer cd-qriter in LInux

5. Screen repeated 3 times - ATI Rage Pro 3D LT Dell Inspiron 7000

6. C++ Shared libs

7. ATI Rage LT Pro AGP 2x into Princeton DPP560 - blank screen.

8. two gigabit cards on one server = problem

9. Support for ATI 3D Rage LT PRO PCI (LT-AU2U2)

10. Not work X-Window on ATI Fury Pro (chipset ATI Rage 128 Pro)

11. TV-OUT in ATI Rage LT Pro under Linux/X11 ?