1. Cyrix 586/120 and Linux
I just bought one of these for my home machine. My home
machine is a recent PCI 486 motherboard, and I noticed it
supported the Cyrix M1. I was going to buy the M1 586/100,
but I noticed that the 120MHz version was out, so I bought
that instead. As my machine is a quad boot machine (Win95,
OS/2, Linux and NT) this was risky, but I can report success
for Win95, OS/2 and Linux. NT is sulking for other reasons.
I use an Intel Neptune P90 motherboard machine at work, and
I thought you might all be interested to know not only that
Linux is happy with the Cyrix, but how my P90 compares in
performance terms with the Cyrix. I use Norton Utilities
si to measure and the results are quite surprising. SI
reported a CPU benchmark of 224 for the 486 motherboard
containing the Cyrix, the Intel P90 scored 178 on the same
Apparently the Cyrix 586/120 is clock tripled so I am
using the motherboard clock rate of 40MHz.
I'm pleased, and very in-pocket.
Paul Ingram Group Ltd
Godalming voice: +44 1483 424424
Surrey, UK fax: +44 1483 419419
2. diald with EQL load balancing?
3. Cyrix 586/120, Bogomips?
4. Best Linux Book
5. Cyrix 586-120 --> 48.27 BogoMips ??
6. How do I kill LILO?
7. Cyrix 586-120 and RHat 6.0
8. BUILD YOUR OWN C`A.B,L,E B,O`X...FREE C`A.B,L.E`.... 7581
9. Which to buy - Cyrix 120+/Pentium 120
10. is my new Cyrix 586 killing my hard drive ?
11. Cyrix 6x86 should be treated as 486/586?
12. Cyrix 586 chips a problem?
13. Acer Model 355 w/Cyrix 586 hangs 5 minutes after boot