Matrox Millenium driver: Where ?

Post by Roland Beutle » Wed, 12 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi everybody,

I just bought a new Pentium 200 PC and I successfully installed Linux.
I have got a Matrox Millenium graphic card but my Linux does not
recognize it. I am looking for a driver but as a newbie I do not know
where I can find a driver for it.
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Roland

Matrox Millenium driver: Where ?

Post by Greg Sulliv » Wed, 12 Feb 1997 04:00:00

On Tue, 11 Feb 1997 14:12:55 +0100, Roland Beutler

>I just bought a new Pentium 200 PC and I successfully installed Linux.
>I have got a Matrox Millenium graphic card but my Linux does not
>recognize it. I am looking for a driver but as a newbie I do not know
>where I can find a driver for it.

     Look for v3.2 of XFree86.  It includes support for the Matrox Cards
and from what I hear from a friend of mine who has one, the support is
pretty decent.

        Sully

Post by Rod Smi » Wed, 12 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>On Tue, 11 Feb 1997 14:12:55 +0100, Roland Beutler

>>I just bought a new Pentium 200 PC and I successfully installed Linux.
>>I have got a Matrox Millenium graphic card but my Linux does not
>>recognize it. I am looking for a driver but as a newbie I do not know
>>where I can find a driver for it.

>     Look for v3.2 of XFree86.  It includes support for the Matrox Cards
>and from what I hear from a friend of mine who has one, the support is
>pretty decent.

Better yet, look for 3.2A.  XFree86 3.2 implemented almost no acceleration
on the Millennium (just two or three functions, I believe, and those not
very well).  The 3.2A release implements substantial acceleration, for a
~10-20x speedup relative to the 3.2 server, according to xbench.

| Rod Smith                                 Author of:               |

| http://ezinfo.ucs.indiana.edu/~rodsmith   "OS/2 Soundcard Summary" |

Matrox Millenium driver: Where ?

Post by rob » Thu, 13 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>Hi everybody,

>I just bought a new Pentium 200 PC and I successfully installed Linux.
>I have got a Matrox Millenium graphic card but my Linux does not
>recognize it. I am looking for a driver but as a newbie I do not know
>where I can find a driver for it.
>Thanks in advance for your answers.
>Roland

I have the Red Hat version of Linux and it comes with the Metro-X server that
works great with this card. I cost about $50 dollars from Red Hat but the
ease of installation is worth it!

Good Luck.

Post by Bill Latha » Fri, 14 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> Hi everybody,

> I just bought a new Pentium 200 PC and I successfully installed Linux.
> I have got a Matrox Millenium graphic card but my Linux does not
> recognize it. I am looking for a driver but as a newbie I do not know
> where I can find a driver for it.
> Thanks in advance for your answers.
> Roland

You can also try the December 1996 InfoMagic Linux Developer's Resource
... it costs $25-30 and comes with the Metro-X server which works great
with the Millennium.

Matrox Millenium driver: Where ?

Post by Michael Clingm » Sun, 16 Feb 1997 04:00:00

: Hi everybody,
:
: I just bought a new Pentium 200 PC and I successfully installed Linux.
: I have got a Matrox Millenium graphic card but my Linux does not
: recognize it.

I got a Gateway Pentium 200 MMX but the card is a Matrox MGA, not a
millenium.  I ran SuperProbe and it said that the chipset was Oak OTI-087.
So one question is "Is it really a millenium"?

: I am looking for a driver but as a newbie I do not know
: where I can find a driver for it.

The drivers for the Matrox card is in the SVGA server (if I have my
terminology right).  The 3.2 and 3.2A (beta) versions of XFREE86 support
the millenium.  The latest version of redhat, 4.1, contains version 3.2 of
XFree86.

Matrox Millenium driver: Where ?

Post by Edmond Chen » Mon, 17 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
The latest version of XFree86 3.2 supports Matrox MGA2064 chip set.
Good Luck!

Thanks,
Edmond

Quote:> Hi everybody,