Triton/133/Linux problems (???)

Post by Phil La » Sun, 26 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: Anyone else having problems with triton MBs.

: chipset: triton 82430FX
: cpu: 133 pentium
: ram: 32 megs 60ns
: controller: 2940, 1540B (both tried)
: video: #9 771, Actix ISA (both tried)

: symptoms: random locking, core dumps/signal11/signal6 and EIPs when compiling
:           large programs.

Had the same problem... Ended up getting a Micronics Motherboard which solved
the problem... I am told the ASUS Mb's do a great job but I could only find
the 133 capable's with EISA bus only....

Philip Lane               Total Software Resources      Voice:(301)863-5809

Vice-President            Lexington Park MD 20653

1. weird problem, adaptec 2940, pentium 133, triton II mb

I've been runnin SCO Openserver 5 on a system with a Triton II MB
with 512K cache, a Pentium 75, and a 2gb Seagate disk on an adaptec
2940 host adapter.

Last week I decided to upgrade the processor to a 133mhz. I dropped
in the new CPU, changed two jumpers on the motherboard to indicate
the CPU was a 133, and rebooted.

All hell broke loose.

In a nutshell, it appears that SCO is attempting to retrieve data from
the host adapter faster than the host adapter can provide it. For instance,
I'll get read errors on files that I know are just fine (for instance, if
I attempt to re-link the kernel I'll get a "cannot read archive header from
.../pack.d/....". Other times the system will hang during the boot process,
or services will not start with various errors related to being unable to
read config files.

If I put the 75mhz chip back in, everything works fine.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what my problem might be?

2. setting up a gateay for a cable modem

3. Syncvg

4. Does Intel TRITON II 430VX support 133 MHz SDRAM ?

5. Advice needed on Toshiba Satllite 2050CDS

6. Installation problem with S.u.s.e Linux 3.0 under Pentium 133 / creative cdrom 4x

7. Can linux move files from and to win95 or NT without truncating them?

8. Problems with Linux on Dell Latitude 133

9. Promise 133 Controller Card Problem on Linux 2.14.18

10. Promise ATA/133 TX2 IDE Card - Linux 2.4.x driver problem.

11. problem with booting linux with Promise Ultra TX2 133 ide controller

12. problem booting linux from Promise Ultra 133 controller