endeavor + sound: (not)ok?

Post by Ludo Pagi » Thu, 04 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hello you all:

I wonder if anybody can say something about the intel endeavor
motherboard with sound on it. I don't even know if it is (only) SB16
compatible, or IS SB16.
Anyway; problems with this card with linux; anybody ever had a broken
soundcard which could not be replaced without replacing the motherboard
also??? How about the 32-bit mechanisms (I heard intel Zappa doesn't do
a good job in 32-bit handling). Other comments????
Thanks in advance, Ludo.

1. Printcap OK, Postscript OK, together NOT OK - HELP!

I am trying to setup Postscript support for printing with lpr on a Laserjet 4L.
I have modified printcap and written a filter using ghostscript, but not
success.  Can somebody help?  Here is my setup:
printcap:       lpps|hpljet3:\
                        :lp=/dev/lp1:\
                        :sd=/usr/spool/lp1:\
                        :sh:\
                        :sf:\
                        :mx#0:\
                        :of=/usr/spool/lp1/hpps:
hpps:           gs -q -sDEVICE=ljet3 -sOutputFile=- -

When I use "cat file.ps | hpps | lpr" (with my text-only lp setup) it works ok,
but when I try to use "lpr -Plpps file.ps" I get "Ghostscript: Unrecoverable
error, exit code 1".  Any ideas?

bruno

2. sed usage

3. Intel Endeavor & Diamond Stealth 64 - OK

4. Change directory permissions at certain date/time

5. sound driver installed OK but audio CDs not playing through it

6. Solaris2.4 and IBM X130

7. What sound on Intel Endeavor MB

8. Help: eth0 delayed under 2.2.14

9. Intel Endeavor Motherboard w/ Sound Chip

10. Endeavour board + sound

11. Modem Problems: dial-out is ok/dial-in is not ok (Solaris 2.6)

12. Ping ok, netscape, gftp, lynx not ok