Problems configuring Panasonic CD-ROM

Post by Conrad Tayl » Mon, 05 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I have been trying to configure my friends CD-ROM and Sound Card to
work under Linux.  The following messages were displayed at boot time:

Drive not found

Not a block device

He has a Pansonic (dual speed) CR56x (or PBCDR-572) CD-ROM and a 144AM Sound
Card.  Also, his system is using an IDE interface.  Furthermore, I have con-
sulted the CD-ROM-HOW-TO and I still wasn't able to resolve the problem.  I
have comopiled the kernel with and without sound support and Linux still wasn't
able to locate his CD-ROM.  BTW, his system is from Packard Bell.  Well, if
anyone has any ideas on how to solve this problem, please like to hear from
you.

Thanks in advance,

-Con

--
o          '''           Conrad Taylor                      o
o         (o o)          Laboratory for Advanced Computing  o

1. Problems configuring Panasonic CD-ROM

         How are you doing?  Well, I finally had the change to go
over my friends house again to try to configure the CD-ROM.  I have
compiled the kernel for Panasonic/Masushita.  However, I didn't compile
the kernel for the sound card.  Anyway, during boot-time, my friends
CD-ROM isn't recognized at all.  Would it be possible to get a copy
of you .config file that's located in /usr/src/linux to compare with
the one I have?  Also, when I list the devices that have been compiled
for the kernel, the sbpcd isn't listed as it should be.  Please let me
know if you have any ideas.

Thanks in advance,

-Con

--
o          '''           Conrad Taylor                      o
o         (o o)          Laboratory for Advanced Computing  o
o-----oOO--(_)--OOo----- University of Illinois at Chicago  o

2. Mach 64 success !

3. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

4. Linux on a notebook

5. CD ROM Support For Older Panasonic CD-ROM Drives

6. resolv library

7. Panasonic CD-532 CD-ROM: Problem Child?

8. how to get the ethernet address of a network interface without root permissions?

9. Panasonic CD-ROM Problems

10. Installation Problems with Panasonic 562 CD-Rom

11. Panasonic interface CD-ROM problem: matcdc0 not found at 0x230

12. problem: panasonic cd-rom

13. Panasonic 563 CD-ROM problem at initial installation time