Voicemodem recommendations

Post by J. Michael Die » Wed, 28 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi all.  I'm contemplating buying a new 28.8 modem and need to ask a few
questions.  I'm hoping to write a VoiceMail package for Linux and need to get a
recommendation about VoiceModems.  I've owned a Zoom 144 VFX, but never fully
exploited the voice features.  I'm also looking at a USR VoiceModem.

1. Is there a compelling reason to buy one over the other?

2. Are the Voice command simmiar?

Thanx in advance.
Mike Diehl

:
: 1. Is there a compelling reason to buy one over the other?
:
: 2. Are the Voice command simmiar?
:
: Thanx in advance.
: Mike Diehl

Yuck! Look at the mess you made (using carriage returns) :-(

Read comp.dcom.modems before buying anything. You'll thnak me for it.

--
Andrew E. Mileski

Linux Plug-and-Play Project Leader http://www.redhat.com/linux-info/pnp/
PGP Public keys are available from http://www.redhat.com/~aem/pgp-keys.txt

Post by J. Michael Die » Sat, 31 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>:
>: Thanx in advance.
>: Mike Diehl

>Yuck! Look at the mess you made (using carriage returns) :-(

I guess you are referring to the ^M's at the end of each line?  That is
what you get when you next fastest modem is a 2400B on a windoze machine;
My 144 died the other day. ;^(

Quote:

>Read comp.dcom.modems before buying anything. You'll thnak me for it.

I did.  Thank you. ;^)

Mike Diehl

1. Supra 288i PNP VoiceModem

I have recently installed Linux on my 486 machine.  Unfortunately, I'm
having difficutly in Linux being able to detect my modem.  Since my
modem is Plug 'N' Pray do you have any suggestions of how I can make
this work?

Thank you in advance.

2. WaveLAN and Linux

3. voicemodems for mgetty+vgetty

4. AFS in Linux?

5. Linux Voicemodems

6. install - out of inodes...

7. Voicemodems?

8. HP 5200C scanner support

9. Voicemodem -> .wav

10. recommendation on hardware recommendation

11. CD-R (S/W) recommendations?

12. recommendations for prom updates...

13. Laptop recommendations?