Building a Video Card Driver

Post by Shawn Everet » Tue, 30 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I have an Venus Solitaire Video card that uses Oak technology's
OTI-64000(?) graphics chip.  An SCO driver is available for it however it
will not run under iBCS.  I wonder if anyone would know how to write a
driver for it, or atleast how I'd go about starting one or how I could
find information for starting the project. :)  Drop me a line at one of
the addresses below if you have any useful information.
I have contacted Oak and they have no plans to support Linux.

Shawn

 a e i k   o t e s n t

To send me email combine the above two lines: mav.. etc
OR
a f 2 4 2 at p g f n dot b c dot c a

the dot's to .
--------------------------
If you want something done, find out how to do it, then do it yourself.
                                                                -- me :)
If the women don't find you handsome, they can atleast find you handy.
                                                        -- Red Green

Post by s. keeli » Thu, 01 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> I have an Venus Solitaire Video card that uses Oak technology's
> OTI-64000(?) graphics chip.  An SCO driver is available for it however it
> will not run under iBCS.  I wonder if anyone would know how to write a
> driver for it, or atleast how I'd go about starting one or how I could
> find information for starting the project. :)  Drop me a line at one of

In my debian set up machine, in /usr/doc/X11 is a post/message from

and is titled, "How To Add An SVGA Driver To XFree86."

I believe this attempts to answer your question.

--

                  Contract Programmer; inquire within.

       zcat /usr/doc/timezone/Introduction.gz |*ney | less

1. use the video card instead of built-in video?

The kernel finds the video devices in the OF device tree. It does not
care what the OF output is set to.

You need to recompile your kernel, and remove support for the internal
video. This way linux won't find/use it.

Not yet.. Geert's new console abstraction gives us a maximum of 8 displays
at a time but it's in development.

--
anthony tong -> http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~atong

2. Sec. Vulnerability in asecure (Rev.02)

3. Jaton Video 67 PRO PCI VIDEO CARD DRIVERS

4. alsa driver for CS4237B sound card in mdk8??

5. Sun Video Plus drivers for SBUS video card ?

6. APIdeduce - Source code analysis tool

7. Video Driver for Stealth 2 S220 video card

8. Recommend parallel port-based framegrabber?

9. Linux x-window video driver for ATI Mach64 video card?

10. Soundcard Driver, Evolution Config, Video Card Driver, Mouse Scroll Wheel

11. I need SiS Video Driver + D-Link Ethernet Card Driver

12. where is video card driver for Cirrus Logic GD7543 card

13. Drivers for TurtleBeach Montego A3D Sound Card and Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro Video Card