Redhat 5.2 and Asus P2bds using AIC 7890

Redhat 5.2 and Asus P2bds using AIC 7890

Post by Le » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I'm tring to install Redhat 5.2.

I've been doing TONS of reading but I cannot seem to finish the
installation.

I get stuck at the part for Configuring the clock.  I can't seem to
figure out what it could be.  I can't create an bootup disk or install
lilo or that matter.

Does anyone here have this configuration and sucessfully installed
Redhat 5.2?
  Asus P2bds with AIC 7890
  Ultrastar 09U and 09Y (both SCSI of course)
  Jaz 1G external and Zip100M external (both SCSI)

I have already Downloaded the newest boot.img and supp.img from Redhat
which is suppose to make Redhat install my SCSI AIC 7890.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.  I've spent the better part of the
day reading but to no resolution.

To reply, remove "ee" from email address

Redhat 5.2 and Asus P2bds using AIC 7890

Post by Todd Schrub » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hola...

I have the same motherboard, and installed RH5.1 and didn't have a
problem with the clock, and since I installed in on an UDMA drive I
waited to upgrade the kernel to worry about the AIC 78xx controller.
But...

RH5x installs are very limited to where they can make a boot disk to-
i.e. ONLY /dev/fd0.  I have an LS-120 drive, and that didn't count (it's
/dev/hdc).  I got around it by just not making the boot disk from the
installation, but rather waiting until the kernel was upgraded.

Hope that little piece helps.

Todd

> I'm tring to install Redhat 5.2.

> I've been doing TONS of reading but I cannot seem to finish the
> installation.

> I get stuck at the part for Configuring the clock.  I can't seem to
> figure out what it could be.  I can't create an bootup disk or install
> lilo or that matter.

> Does anyone here have this configuration and sucessfully installed
> Redhat 5.2?
>   Asus P2bds with AIC 7890
>   Ultrastar 09U and 09Y (both SCSI of course)
>   Jaz 1G external and Zip100M external (both SCSI)

> I have already Downloaded the newest boot.img and supp.img from Redhat
> which is suppose to make Redhat install my SCSI AIC 7890.

> Any help is GREATLY appreciated.  I've spent the better part of the
> day reading but to no resolution.

> To reply, remove "ee" from email address

1. Redhat 5.2 and Asus P2bds using AIC 7890

I'm tring to install Redhat 5.2.

I've been doing tons of reading but I cannot find out how to get past
screen where you select a SCSI card.  It doesn't list the Adaptec AIC
7890.

Does anyone here have this configuration and sucessfully installed
Redhat 5.2?
  Asus P2bds with AIC 7890
  Ultrastar 09U and 09Y (both SCSI of course)
  Jaz 1G external and Zip100M external

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.  I've spent the better part of the
day reading but to no resolution.

To reply, remove "ee" from email address

2. yp-tools 1.99.2 - New beta of NIS clients

3. Redhat 5.2 and AIC-7890 SCSI

4. Telnet refuses connection

5. Adaptec AIC-7890/60 and RedHat 5.2 boot/install solution

6. I2C Elektor Driver

7. RH 5.2 and AIC-7890 Ultra2 SCSI controller

8. midi and the AWE64

9. Asus P2B-S motherboard with on-board Adaptec AIC-7890

10. Installing RH5.1 on Asus P2B-S (aic 7890)

11. Asus P2B-DS : AIC 7890

12. install red hat 5.1 on asus P2B-DS with adaptec AIC 7890 Chips

13. aic 7890 and aic 7860