Ricoh CD-R/RW mp7060s

Post by Michae » Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:00:00

   I am considering purchasing this for a system using windows and linux. If
anyone has had any experience at all with it I would appreciate your input.
    Michael

Ricoh CD-R/RW mp7060s

Post by Garen Erdois » Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I don't have a 7060, however I do have a Ricoh 7040A (IDE Based cdwriter)
which works with linux if you compile in scsi-ide emulation then access it
as a generic scsi device for writing.

Under windows I've had ocational problems with the packet cd driver crashing
on bootup (never while writing data).
The rest of it seems stable enough.

Quote:>    I am considering purchasing this for a system using windows and linux.
If
> anyone has had any experience at all with it I would appreciate your
input.
>     Michael

Ricoh CD-R/RW mp7060s

Post by Nathan Appleto » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

The 7060s got pretty good ratings at linhardware.com.

See: http://lhd.datapower.com/db/dispproduct.cgi?DISP?709

Quote:>    I am considering purchasing this for a system using windows and linux.
If
> anyone has had any experience at all with it I would appreciate your
input.
>     Michael

1. Ricoh CD, CD-R, CD-RW and DVD drive

Hi everybody

I will buy a new PC to get rid of M$ (my old one is too slow and the
disk too
small).
I would like to install the new drive of Ricoh MP7060, which can deal
with all
known disks. But it's not in SuSe's list of supported HW. Did anybody
tried it?
Ricoh's support told me that no special driver is required. Is this
true?

Thanks a lot
Henri

2. Alpha Server + WinNT + DOS progs???

3. Toshiba Libretto -> Ricoh MMP6200 CD-R/CD-RW drive via PCMCIA SCSI2

4. HOWTO - change desktop language back to English.

5. RICOH CD-RW/CD-R

6. Inserting a line from a ref. file.....

7. Ricoh MP7040A CD-R/RW problems

8. StarOffice 5.1a port

9. cold power-up revives RICOH CD-R/RW MP7080A

10. RICOH CD-R/RW Atapi Drive

11. CD-R/RW Ricoh MP7063A-DP or Philips CDRW 404 with Linux ?

12. Ricoh CD-RW: I can only see the first write.

13. Ricoh MP 6200S CD R/RW experiences?