VAIO PCG-R505GL - Reformatting Hard Drive

VAIO PCG-R505GL - Reformatting Hard Drive

Post by shel » Sat, 28 Aug 2004 06:00:17

Hi,

I am about to reformat my hard drive, so I need to know what
proprietary drivers/software/utilities I will need to install before I
install XP Pro onto the freshly formatted hard drive.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

VAIO PCG-R505GL - Reformatting Hard Drive

Post by FLY13 » Sat, 28 Aug 2004 06:05:33

LOL

Quote:> Hi,

> I am about to reformat my hard drive, so I need to know what
> proprietary drivers/software/utilities I will need to install before I
> install XP Pro onto the freshly formatted hard drive.

> Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

1. VAIO PCG-R505GL

Hi, I am trying to configure my new laptop VAIO PCG-R505GL using
Debian GNU/Linux.

More or less working except

1. Memory stick  (no luck with using usb-storage modules)
2. no sound from music CD. (sound works for other purpose such as web
contents, kde )

Could anyone tell me if there is any luck on those issues on this
machine?

What I did is described on this web page.

http://www.geocities.com/torus2000/linux_on_PCG-R505GL.html

I used a reference on PCG-R505GL

http://vorlon.cwru.edu/~ames/r505gl/

Thank you in advance.

Torus

2. UID for user "smtp"

3. hard disk problems with VAIO PCG-F290

4. /var/adm/messages & syslogd

5. Sony PCG-731 Drive reformatting

6. signals & interprocess communication(IPC)

7. I/O errors in cdrom drive for a vaio pcg-v505BX using RH9.0

8. Need SVGA card w/ demanding specs

9. Should I reformat my hard drive (was: Re: No ACCESS to my A: Drive)

10. Reformatting hard drives

11. reformat hard drive to change back to windows

12. Reformatting Linux Hard Drive Partition to DOS format again

13. Howto reformat hard drive?