Help with SiS 530 chip set

Post by Alan Langma » Sat, 07 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi

I am having some hassles with a SiS 530 motherboard   (Gigabyte Socket 7
board).
I am trying to get X working, however I seem to be observing some funnies
when using
the XFCom Server from Suse (running on a RedHat installation).

When I move a window in X the window glitches corrupt the outside of the
window.

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Alan

Help with SiS 530 chip set

Post by Alli » Sun, 22 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Well I have a SIS 620 , which is pretty similar, kinda needed more
information, do you get this error when you try to go into 16, 24, and 32
bit modes ? or is this just 8 bit mode ?
Quote:>I am having some hassles with a SiS 530 motherboard   (Gigabyte Socket 7

Post by Alli » Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I am having some hassles with a SiS 530 motherboard   (Gigabyte Socket 7
> board).
> I am trying to get X working, however I seem to be observing some funnies
> when using
> the XFCom Server from Suse (running on a RedHat installation).

> When I move a window in X the window glitches corrupt the outside of the
> window.

Well I have a SIS 620, and after trying to find out a solution for a long
time, one day I just wanted to see what was new on SIS's web site, and to my
surprise they now supported my card and gave me a step by step guide on how
to get my card into high colour depths, I would try there first :)

www.sis.com.tw