Advansys SCSI controller

Post by Giovanni Carbon » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Does anybody know if the Advansys SCSI Controller ABP3925 is supported?
I found a lot of Advansys supported controllers on the SuSE database but
not this one.

Thanks
Giovanni

Advansys SCSI controller

Post by Devin Carrawa » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anybody know if the Advansys SCSI Controller ABP3925 is supported?
>I found a lot of Advansys supported controllers on the SuSE database but
>not this one.

        AdvanSys has good Linux support, at least by reputation.  The
ABP3925 is included in the supported list, which is (somewhat oddly) in the
actual kernel source, drivers/scsi/advansys.c  Quoth AdvanSys themselves,
"Since 1995 all AdvanSys SCSI host adapters have been supported in Linux"
(http://www.advansys.com/linux.html).

Devin
--
Devin  \ sig-20000105(at)devin.com, finger for PGP;  http://www.devin.com

Advansys SCSI controller

Post by Giovanni Carbon » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> >Does anybody know if the Advansys SCSI Controller ABP3925 is supported?
> >I found a lot of Advansys supported controllers on the SuSE database but
> >not this one.

>         AdvanSys has good Linux support, at least by reputation.  The
> ABP3925 is included in the supported list, which is (somewhat oddly) in the
> actual kernel source, drivers/scsi/advansys.c  Quoth AdvanSys themselves,
> "Since 1995 all AdvanSys SCSI host adapters have been supported in Linux"
> (http://www.advansys.com/linux.html).

> Devin
> --
> Devin  \ sig-20000105(at)devin.com, finger for PGP;  http://www.devin.com

Thanks a lot
Giovanni

Advansys SCSI controller

Post by Mirce » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Does anybody know if the Advansys SCSI Controller ABP3925 is supported?
> I found a lot of Advansys supported controllers on the SuSE database but
> not this one.

> Thanks
> Giovanni

Is it a ISA card? I'm afraid it isn't, although all the PCI Advansys
controllers are well supported. I think this is one of these dirt cheap
cards that you only can use for scanners etc., anyway, and they didn't
bother releasing drivers for it.

MST