Just a Confirmation for GVC Modem

Post by M. Buchenried » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>I've been dealing with a GVC Data/Fax Modem for a while, in order to make it
>available to Linux, but with no success at all.

[...]

Why don't you give us some details, then ? Like, e.g. , is it an
internal or external modem ? Does it have jumpers ? What model name ?
Posting messages without any information whatsoever doesn't make life
easier for those you're asking for help.

Michael
--

       Lumber Cartel Unit #456 (TINLC) and Official Net.Scum

1. Need a Hayes modem buy confirmation

My Compaq came with an internal Rockwell HCF 56K Data Fax PCI modem,
which apparently can't be made to work under Linux.  So I need to buy
another one.

I am looking to buy a Hayes ACCURA 56K V90 INT FAX internal modem,
because the specs say that PnP can be disabled on the card via jumper
settings, and it doesn't appear to be a Winmodem.  Is anyone
successfully using this card, or something similar?  Thanks.

2. kaffe-1.0.6

3. GVC 56K v.90 fax modem with linux

4. gnome stripchart config

5. GVC internal PCI modem

6. SPARC Solaris Power Point edit/display app?

7. GVC 33.6 modem & linux

8. HP Deskjet 1120C

9. RH5.2 Not detecting GVC PNIC3000 Lan/Modem PCMCIA card

10. GVC K56Plus Modem problems

11. Please help with GVC modem installation!

12. GVC modem setup summary

13. GVC Modem + uugetty 2.0.7e calls out but does not answer