support for video controller "AGP ATI Rage Pro"?

support for video controller "AGP ATI Rage Pro"?

Post by Luc Borm » Thu, 23 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hello Linux users,

In the near future I am going to upgrade my current LINUX
hardware to a DELL Optiplex GXa+ model.

The standard configuration for this model specifies an
"integrated AGP ATI Rage Pro video controller".

Since I use X windows regulary I have planned a 19" monitor
for this new configuration which I would like to operate at
resolutions of 1286x1024 or higher.

I have not been able to find any references to support
for this video controller in the LINUX newsgroups or HOWTOs,
I would appreciate any suggestions or advice in relation
to this specified video hardware or alternatives.

Thanks in advance,

--
Luc Borms
Belgian Nuclear Energy Research Centre

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Post by Mark Butle » Thu, 23 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> Hello Linux users,

> In the near future I am going to upgrade my current LINUX
> hardware to a DELL Optiplex GXa+ model.

I've got an OptiPlex GXa on my desk.  Is this a similar
model?

Quote:> The standard configuration for this model specifies an
> "integrated AGP ATI Rage Pro video controller".

> Since I use X windows regulary I have planned a 19" monitor
> for this new configuration which I would like to operate at
> resolutions of 1286x1024 or higher.

I'm running an HP 20" monitor at 1408x1126, which pretty well
maxes out the monitor on horizontal scan.  The vertical refresh
is 70 Hz which isn't bad.

Quote:> I have not been able to find any references to support
> for this video controller in the LINUX newsgroups or HOWTOs,
> I would appreciate any suggestions or advice in relation
> to this specified video hardware or alternatives.

The Mach 64 X server from S.U.S.E supports this graphics
board pretty well, so far.  The one included with Slackware
3.4 didn't detect or configure it properly.

Mark
"These opinions are mine and not my employer's"