HELP!!! Can't get Linux to see my CD-ROM

1. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

        Hi, I just bought the Linux from Nascent CD-ROM and have been attempting
to install it on my 486DX2/66 machine.  I have a cardex SVGA card using a
Cirrus chipset and 1 meg of video ram.  I have 16 megs of 60-ns memory.  I also
have a local bus IDE hard drive controller (32-bit) running two 340-meg
western digital hard drives.  Oh, the video is local bus, too.  I also have
an IOMEGA floptical drive, as well as the almost expected 3.5" and 5.25"
floppies.  I also have a Soundblaster 16 sound card that is driving my CD-drive,
the setup that comes together in a multimedia pack, I forget the exact name,
but it is a fairly standard one.  It is a Panasonic cd-drive by the way.
A panasonic 54- something I think.  When I boot and root my way into Linux,
It won't mount my cd-drive.  Since the program files are all on CD, that
means I can't install.  I followed the instructions for fixing this problemm
in the manual, i.e. "mknod /dev/sbpcd b 25 0"
                    "ln -fs /dev/sbpcd /dev/cdrom"
This looked fine, but when I rebooted, Linux still wouldn't mount my drive.
I even tried getting new root and boot images via anonymous FTP and rawrite.
No dice.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike Van Camp

2. Logging user names for password protected sites

3. HELP - CD-ROM setup not seen by Linux

4. Locus Distributed Processing

5. Can't install Yggdrasil summer 94 CD-ROM with SCSI-1 CD-ROM

6. Alphastation 255

7. Need help getting Acer CD-525E CD-Rom drive to work

8. Setting date correctly for my time zone

9. I need help getting linux to recognize my CD-ROM

10. can't install linux- cd didn't come with driver for cd-rom

11. CD-Rom not seen for install (HELP NEWBIE)

12. HELP, please:SCSI NEC CD-ROM not seen for install