SoundBlaster 16 (Vibra 16) Problem with kernel 2.4.0

SoundBlaster 16 (Vibra 16) Problem with kernel 2.4.0

Post by Nicolas Gosseli » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 11:16:25

Hi,

Ive been trying to figure this out all day now.  I had no problem with it before what so ever

and it still works when I boot a older kernel.  For some reason they removed the i/o base, irq,dma1,dma2

out of the sound section for the kernel config in 2.4.0.  They say to use boot commands to the kernel

instead which would mean to use append within lilo I presume.  ive tried sb="220,5,1,5" as the help for

the sound blaster card says in the kernel menuconfig, but no luck.  I also tried to make it a module but

still no luck with it.  If anyone has any clue please let me know.

Thanks,

nic

Post by Dan Whit » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 08:55:18

> Hi,

> Ive been trying to figure this out all day now.  I had no problem with
> it before what so ever

I've got a Vibra 16 ISA PNP card that works fine (in 2.4.0, sb is a
module). If it's pnp, make sure you've got ISA PNP enabled in the kernel,
rather than using the isapnp tools.

- Dan White