Compilation of a new kernel with compiled modules

Compilation of a new kernel with compiled modules

Post by Jan Ková » Tue, 06 Mar 2001 17:44:26

Hello.
I am using Raid adapter, that is supported only in Redhat 6.2 and 7.0. The
drivers are supplied compiled for this OS. There are these files there:
modinfo, modules.cgz, modules.dep, pcitable, rhdd-6.1, readme.txt
I wanted to compile the kernel 2.4.2. There is not source code for this raid
adapter in the new kernel. So I have send an e-mail to Promise hotline to
get the source code for the adapeter. The answer was:
"We do not offer the driver source code as it is proprietary to promise
technology."
So is there any possibility to compile the new kernel and have the raid
adapter working?
I am talking about Promise Fasttrack100. It is an ATA100 Raid adapter.

Thanks for help.

Jan Kovar

1. Kerneld Compilation Problem - No Modules are load after using the new kernel

Hi,

I used Red Hat 7.1 and want to enable IP Masquerade as I want to set up  a
linux router.
So I compile the RH71.
However, after I compile the kerneld and modules, install the kerneld and
update LILO,
restart, and check with the "lsmod" commands, I find No modules were loaded.
Previously, about 10 modules were loaded.

Can anyone help?

Simon

2. Survey

3. module loading error after new kernel compilation

4. "su" inside program

5. compile new kernel => compile new iptables ?

6. Problems with 2.5.1 Upgrade

7. Fix for module errors with new kernel compile

8. How to avoid recursive references in Bourne shell functions?

9. compiling modules for new kernel

10. Compiled new kernel but old "module-info" file

11. Got new Tulip driver as module; how to compile it into kernel?

12. linux kernel compile, with new module source?

13. problem with modules.dep <- after compiling a new kernel