MAtrox G450 beta-driver

Post by Ruediger wenze » Tue, 18 Sep 2001 08:13:31

Hi,

with my new G450 i had trouble with a malpositioned mousepointer under
Linux (SuSE 7.2 / XFree86 4.0.3) und KDE 2.2: several pixels offset on
the GUI, so buttons and checkboxes were difficult to hit. I downloaded
the Matrox-beta-driver + powerdesk - now the mousepointer i okay, but
the monitor refreshrate is set down to 52 Hz - exactly half of the
refesh rate that was configured with the open-source-mga-driver and the
configuration-tool SAX2. In the PowerDesk-window 104 Hz refresh-rate is
specified. But in reality it's only 52 Hz - according to the information
in the monitors OSD and the flickering screen.

Does anybody know a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Ruediger

P.S.Reconfiguring the XWindow with SAX2 and recalculating modeline
finally gave me a new configuration with 98 Hz refresh-rate. But that's
not the way it's supposed to work. There must be some kind og bug in
PowerDesk, I think!

1. Matrox G450 Dual Head Drivers

Hi all:

I am having a hard time in configuring my Xwindows for my Matrox G450
monitors in FreeBSD 4.5. I tried for the drivers on matrox website and it
seems they do not have one for FreeBSD. Do the drivers for linux works in
FreeBSD. Is there anyone who has configured this video card in FreeBSD.
Please help

WhoKNows

2. Bourne Shell Problem - variable not incrementing within a while loop

3. Radeon All in Wonder vs. Matrox G450 TV

4. file transfer over modem?

5. Matrox G450 woes

6. Kppp -- Client is Not Authorized to Connect

7. Matrox G450 and OpenGL

8. lilo problem

9. Problem with Solaris 10 x86, Matrox G450 Dual Head, X.org and Xinerama

10. Matrox g450 16m & Mandrake 8.0 ????

11. Problem with matrox g450 and xfree 4.0.3

12. FreeBSD 4.2 and Matrox Millennium G450 Dual Head LE

13. Matrox G450