Stand Alone External ISDN TA's (recommendations plz :) )

Stand Alone External ISDN TA's (recommendations plz :) )

Post by Winte » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone here was using a stand alone external ISDN
Terminal Adapter.
I am looking for one with POTS jacks that will function when the computer is
off (if that
exists :) ).   Any suggestions or information will be greatly appreciated..

TIA,
Mike

Stand Alone External ISDN TA's (recommendations plz :) )

Post by Henry T. Nettl » Thu, 24 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
>I was wondering if anyone here was using a stand alone external ISDN
>Terminal Adapter.
>I am looking for one with POTS jacks that will function when the computer is
>off (if that
>exists :) ).   Any suggestions or information will be greatly appreciated..

>TIA,
>Mike

Why don't you just get an ISDN router?  The Netgear RT-328 can be had
for around $250, delivered, and works great with
W95/W98/NT4/NT5/Linux....

Post by Jason McKnigh » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> >Hi,
> >I was wondering if anyone here was using a stand alone external ISDN
> >Terminal Adapter.
> >I am looking for one with POTS jacks that will function when the computer is
> >off (if that
> >exists :) ).   Any suggestions or information will be greatly appreciated..

> >TIA,
> >Mike

> Why don't you just get an ISDN router?  The Netgear RT-328 can be had
> for around $250, delivered, and works great with
> W95/W98/NT4/NT5/Linux....

I have the above router and love it. It is super easy to configure and is totally
independent of your system. Get the FA310Tx card to go with it and you will have
everything going in a matter of minutes.

Stand Alone External ISDN TA's (recommendations plz :) )

Post by Bill Pit » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi:

I might be needing to setup an ISDN connection or two in the coming weeks.  How well
does this router work for true "routing" of real IP addresses?  For example, I would
like to have the router connected on one IP address, and route one or two other IP's
through it for mail services, etc.  Does it also support something similar to the
Linux IP Masquerading?

Also, how easy is remote maintenance?  Does it support telnet-in access?

Thanks,

Bill

> > >Hi,
> > >I was wondering if anyone here was using a stand alone external ISDN
> > >Terminal Adapter.
> > >I am looking for one with POTS jacks that will function when the computer is
> > >off (if that
> > >exists :) ).   Any suggestions or information will be greatly appreciated..

> > >TIA,
> > >Mike

> > Why don't you just get an ISDN router?  The Netgear RT-328 can be had
> > for around $250, delivered, and works great with
> > W95/W98/NT4/NT5/Linux....

> I have the above router and love it. It is super easy to configure and is totally
> independent of your system. Get the FA310Tx card to go with it and you will have
> everything going in a matter of minutes.

Stand Alone External ISDN TA's (recommendations plz :) )

Post by Scott Tyso » Tue, 12 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I have the rt328 and it works great.  OS independent.  BUT don' t try to
use the pots for any type of modem connection. Netgear supports nothing
higher than 28.8 on it.

> >Hi,
> >I was wondering if anyone here was using a stand alone external ISDN
> >Terminal Adapter.
> >I am looking for one with POTS jacks that will function when the computer is
> >off (if that
> >exists :) ).   Any suggestions or information will be greatly appreciated..

> >TIA,
> >Mike

> Why don't you just get an ISDN router?  The Netgear RT-328 can be had
> for around $250, delivered, and works great with
> W95/W98/NT4/NT5/Linux....

Stand Alone External ISDN TA's (recommendations plz :) )

Post by Scott Tyso » Tue, 12 Jan 1999 04:00:00

The rt328 can do dhcp (using NAT) and it can do full routing of TCP/IP
only.   I have done both.  I use it for IP's mostly and its fine.