Does Iomega DITTO 3.2Gb parallel works with Linux?

Does Iomega DITTO 3.2Gb parallel works with Linux?

Post by Guy Boula » Sun, 11 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm in the process of buying a Iomega DITTO 3.2Gb external parallel
tape backup for my PC (Win3.11, Win96 and Linux)

Does it work with Linux?

Thanks

Guy Boulais

Post by Byron A Je » Mon, 12 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>Hi,

>I'm in the process of buying a Iomega DITTO 3.2Gb external parallel
>tape backup for my PC (Win3.11, Win96 and Linux)

>Does it work with Linux?

Not yet. Check out http://www.torque.net/linux-pp.html for information
about delelopment for parallel port devices for Linux. The DITTO 800
is actively being worked on. Should have impact on other DITTO products
too.

BAJ
--
Another random extraction from the mental bit stream of...
Byron A. Jeff - PhD student operating in parallel - And Using Linux!

1. Iomega DITTO 2GB parallel Port with LINUX ?

Has anyone a hint how to use the EXTERNAL PARALLEL PORT version of the
Iomega ditto 2GB Tape drive with Linux?

Can you use it with ftape?

Please tell me your experiences.

I am only interested in using the external Iomega ditto Drive!

Is there an SCSI Version (EXTERNAL)?

Greetings, Uwe

--

Brunnenstr. 111, 13355 Berlin, Germany             |         [\/
Phone: +49-30-2455-7072      FAX: +49-30-2455-4760 |   (`----/---')

2. Linux StarOffice??

3. IOMEGA Ditto parallel port 3.2GB drive, supported?

4. PPTP through IPchains whit masqurade

5. IOMEGA Ditto 2GB,parallel port

6. Linux networking architecture overview required

7. iomega ditto 2GB on parallel port

8. Fwd: Re: c/6397: GCC 3.0 crashes compiling Linux kernel 2.4.18 (CAPI subsystem)

9. Anyone got Iomega Ditto Easy 800 (parallel port) to work w/ Linux?

10. Anyone gotten ftape working with IOMega Ditto 2GB?

11. Getting Ftape to work with a Ditto 2GB Parallel Port Tape Drive

12. Help: iomega ditto 2gb/Teac 1.4Gb under Linux?

13. Linux - Iomega Ditto 2GB Tape Drive