AGP 2D/3D 8M card for X, Linux - Intel 740/ Matrox G100?

AGP 2D/3D 8M card for X, Linux - Intel 740/ Matrox G100?

Post by Manfred Paep » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Essentially I'm looking for an  AGP based 2D/3D 8Meg (2D 1280x1024 in
truecolour, and quick 3D for running Quake) graphics board which
currently has (or soon - say  2-3 months) Linux (and hopefully someday
BeOs) support.

I'm considering an Intel 740 based graphics board. As far as I have
been able to ascertain X/Linux support is still lacking. Certainly it
appears as if Real3D (Starfighter) have little interest in doing
anything about this.

Intel are planning their own 740 based card, but information is still
a tad limited. Are these or any other cards likely to see Linux
support any time soon? IOW are the chip/card vendors forthcoming with
information so that the Linux community can do the necessary?

The other board I was considering is the Matrox based productiva G100
one. (I know the Millenium is supported but 3D performance is somewhat
lacking by today's standards). Matrox haven't bothered replying. What
are the prospects on this side?

Any other graphics card suggestions which you know work well and fit
the above criteria are welcome.

Thanks,

1. Matrox Productiva G100 8M AGP

Hi All...

Does anyone out there know of a device driver and Xserver for the Matrox
Productiva G100 8M AGP ?
I am running RedHat 5.1 and would like to get this card working.
Thanks

Steve
--

=======================================
Steve Muir

=======================================

2. Slow Sendmail daemon and INND when booting

3. Does Intel 740 AGP video card work in Linux Red Hat 5.1?

4. Scsi Underflow Problem

5. Newbie needs help AGP video card with Intel 740 chip

6. Keeping HD from going to Idle

7. Intel 740 AGP card?

8. Parse errors compiling string program using SGI sTL with g++

9. Intel 740 (AG 240) AGP card

10. Intel 740 AGP card under X

11. Intel*740 AGP drivers for redhat 5.0 linux

12. INTEL AGP 740 for Linux?

13. Where is Intel 740 set (AGP) driver?