AHA 2920 SCSI controller

Post by Daniel L. Lova » Fri, 31 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone have experience with using an AHA 2920 controller with LINUX?
I bought one (use it with NT) but haven't been able to get it to work with
LINUX.

Dan

AHA 2920 SCSI controller

Post by Harry Naneji » Sun, 02 Feb 1997 04:00:00

says...

Quote:

>Does anyone have experience with using an AHA 2920 controller with LINUX?
>I bought one (use it with NT) but haven't been able to get it to work with
>LINUX.

>Dan

I also have lots of experience trying to use the 2920, but no joy using the
sum*.  Got close using an fdomain kernel I downloaded, but since I am a
newbie I couldn't get the boot command switches right. Look for something
written for a Future Domain TMC-3260.

Good Luck
        Harry Nanejian

AHA 2920 SCSI controller

Post by Mirko Kraf » Wed, 05 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> Does anyone have experience with using an AHA 2920 controller with LINUX?
> I bought one (use it with NT) but haven't been able to get it to work with
> LINUX.

AFAIK the 2920 does require a NEC Driver to run, but not an Adaptec
driver.
I think it's somewhere in the kernel documentation or SCSI-HOWTO.

  Mirko

iXOS Software GmbH            Mirko Kraft
Bretonischer Ring 12

85630 Grasbrunn               Phone:  (+49 89) 46005-407