Setting the console Video Mode higher than ModeX

Setting the console Video Mode higher than ModeX

Post by Extrema Typ » Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Greetings,

            I own a Trident TGUI9440 AGI, 1 Mb of RAM, without RAMDAC,
and I'm using Linux kernel: 2.0.29.  I want to force my 'libvga.config'
using a video mode for SVGALIB higher than 320 x 200 x 8 bits...
I tried every possible ways...  (I can get to 800x600x8bits in
'X-window').

            I set everything to default in libvga.config coz, if I don't
and try /lib/svgalib/vgatest all the other video modes don't work at
all.

            Thanks.  I'm getting desperate...
            Extrema Type  /   DataSurge
            The Left Rail  /   www.colba.net/~extrema
            _____________________________________
            wak up, Open your Eyes, and SCREAM !

1. higher video modes for text consoles

If you are using LILO to boot the kernel, add the following to your
lilo.conf and reinstall lilo:

vga=ask

This will make LILO ask you what video mode you want, and will give you a
list of possible modes. When you find the one you like most, put it in
lilo.conf just like above. I have a 17" monitor, and I like 80x50 text best.
This mode can be called by vga=extended.

Good luck,

Vladimir Sinitsyn

2. PPPD ON DEMAND : Fisrt demand is lost !

3. How to set higher resolution text modes?

4. readahead

5. Can't set serial console line speed higher than default

6. I love linux...

7. everything is huge in X, can't set resolution higher--Banshee based video card

8. Matrox Millenium Driver ??

9. Switching console video modes?

10. bash changes the console video mode

11. video modes on virtual consoles

12. S3 switching video modes (Xwindows --> Console)

13. Console video modes