Syquest ez-135 parallel port question

Post by Eric Deandre » Mon, 17 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I have a Syquest Ez-135 parallel port drive that I am trying to get working
under linux...If anyone out there has any clue what to due, please reply to
me via email at:

Thanks...

Post by John Gluc » Mon, 17 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> I have a Syquest Ez-135 parallel port drive that I am trying to get working
> under linux...If anyone out there has any clue what to due, please reply to
> me via email at:

> Thanks...

Hi

I have an EZ-flyer 230 and it works with linux.

Support for both drives is part of the 2.1.xx kernels.

For 2.0.xx kernels you need to get it separately and compile it in.

I assume you have the parallel port version. You will have to disable
your parallel printer when you access the Syquest because the 2 drivers
can't share the same port. The other solution is th get a second
parallel interface. (that's what I did. Now the printer is on one and
the Syquest is on the other port)

Regards

John GLuck

1. SyQuest EZ-135 Parallel HD Driver?

The EZ-135 seems like a much nicer drive than the ZIP drive, but
compatibility with Linux will be the deciding factor of which one I decide to
buy.  I know that there is a ZIP driver, but I don't know how well (or, if)
it works.  Is there a parallel port driver for the EZ-135 drive?  If not,
what would be involved in modifying the ZIP-Drive driver to work?

Can anyone give me some additional information on writing drivers for these
parallel drives?

Thanks,
Derek Schwartz

2. XTERM Color Display?

3. Iomega ZIP or Syquest EZ-135?

4. gunzip....where is it?

5. SyQuest EZ-135 Internal IDE drive

6. ftpd and security

7. syquest ez-135?

8. rlogin <> telnet

9. Problem mounting SyQuest EZ-135 using Adaptec 1510A/1520A/1522A

10. Is there a driver for SyQuest EZ-135?

11. Has any been able to fdisk a SCSI Syquest EZ-135 cartridge?

12. PCMCIA, usr on Syquest EZ-135

13. Syquest EZ-135 success???