via vp3 &mvp3

Post by Massimo Fubin » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I want to buy a new main board with socket 7
Is there problem with via vp3 and mvp3 ?
Is some one using one of them with NT or linux?

I want to use it with and amd k6 233

Massimo

via vp3 &mvp3

Post by Steven Udel » Sun, 01 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,

>     I have the same question, is there any successful information on
> linux running on either FIC VA-503 and Magic-Pro VIP3(both using VIA VP3
> chipset)

> Addie Tang

> > I want to buy a new main board with socket 7
> > Is there problem with via vp3 and mvp3 ?
> > Is some one using one of them with NT or linux?

> > I want to use it with and amd k6 233

> > Massimo

I just put in a FIC PA-2012 this has VIA APOLLOVP3 chip set
and socket 7 and even 66/133Meg AGP port.
Linux has no problem running. Am also running a K6 233

--
Steven Udell               Wayfarers

  http://www.teleport.com/~hettar

via vp3 &mvp3

Post by KY » Mon, 02 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

    I have the same question, is there any successful information on
linux running on either FIC VA-503 and Magic-Pro VIP3(both using VIA VP3
chipset)

Addie Tang

Quote:> I want to buy a new main board with socket 7
> Is there problem with via vp3 and mvp3 ?
> Is some one using one of them with NT or linux?

> I want to use it with and amd k6 233

> Massimo

1. what about ali aladdin IV+/V and via VP3/MVP3?

Anyone is using motherboards that are based on the aladdin IV+ (1531 +
1543) or V (1541 + 1543)? i'm interested in particular in the biostar
motherboards...

And what about vp3/mvp3? Again there are some interesting boards (Epox,
CalGraph Photon 100)...

thank you in advance... ^_^

ciao!
  gabriele
--
gabriele zugliani - student at pisa univ. (dept. of computer science)
url piu' richiesti di it.comp.linux.*: http://www.linux.it/ospiti/upr/

2. socks4 eats my sockets

3. Intel i740 & Via MVP3

4. lilo

5. via vp3 chipset

6. help with glibc-2.1

7. VIA VP3 Chipset ...

8. Adaptec 2940 & Adaptec 1505 ???

9. tyan trinity with via vp3 chipset

10. amd k6-2 + via vp3 + millenium g200 = ???

11. Jumbo-UDMA-Patch7 on VIA/VP3 apollo

12. VIA VP3 ate my IRQs?

13. via vp3 udma corruption