Support for NSCD-2X-P non-ATAPI CDROM

Post by Coli » Sun, 29 Mar 1998 04:00:00

An old sound-card-interfaced CD-ROM recently came into my possession
(with the sound card). Its model number is NSCD-2X-P, and I think it was
made by Funai. It attaches to a port labelled "Panasonic" on the sound
card, which is afaik made by Prosonic.

The unit works fine under DOS/Wingdoze (ugh) using the drivers supplies
on a floppy. The problem is that I can't get it to run under Linux. From
reading the mini-howto and other docs, it looks like the sbpcd driver
should be the one to use, but it fails to detect the CD-ROM both from
autoprobing and from parameter-passing at LILO.

Is there something I'm missing? Or is it simply that this CD-ROM is not
supported?

TIA,
--Colin

1. Nsa cdrom nscd-2x-p1 supported?

I am trying to install Redhat 3.0.3 on a machine which has Nsa cdrom
drive model nscd-2x-p1. Does Linux kernel support this cdrom drive and
if so where can I get the correct kernel image and what are the correct
boot parameters for the kernel?

The drive has the following label:

  NSA CDROM DRIVE UNIT
      MODEL NSCD-2X-P1

The cdrom adapter card has following markings on it:

  MODEL No: CT 1810
    11899
  CREATIVE LABS, INC
    SB CD I/F
  SW422C

The Ms-Dos device driver outputs following during boot:

  E252X/E282X CD-ROM Device driver. Version 1.07
  Copyright (C) Funai Electric Co.,Ltd. 1993-1995
  I/O Port:0260 I/O Mode:PIO
  ID: E250 0.01

The kernel images shipped with Redhat 3.0.3 don't seem to recognize
this cdrom drive.

- Janne

2. VESA Server

3. How to run NON-ATAPI Mitsumi CDROM without interrupts ?

4. making term work

5. Aztech CDROM 2x (ATAPI/EIDE) problems

6. PLIP HELP!.. SIOCSFFLAGS: try again

7. mitsumi ATAPI 2x CDROM

8. tftp C++ library Options

9. TEAC ATAPI-IDE CDROM (2X) on IBM 755CD...

10. ATAPI cdrom cdda not supported for some cdrom drive?

11. probs w/ NSCD-2x CD-ROM

12. NSA NSCD-2x drivers wanted (Panasonic-like?)