Help with new comp specs

Post by Taylor-Thor » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Any comments or suggestions on these specs would be greatly
appreciated.  The reason I have so many diff types of hardware per
category is that I'm not set in stone on any single piece.  Also, a
question about dual processors: if I get SB Live, will it work on a dual
motherboard with only one processor in it, or will it not work on dual
motherboards.  Thx ahead of time.

mouse: basic Logitech 3 button mouse (not a busmouse)
keyboard: 104-key standard keyboard (microsoft buttons are a plus)
case: ATX with 300W power supply
hard-drive: Western Digital anything less than $100
motherboard: all motherboards have dual processor capabilities
                Tiger 100 Motherboard         or
                ASUS P2B-D Motherboard  or
                Soyo SY-D6IBA Motherboard w/out SCSI
             no Intel motherboards
RAM: 128M DIMM
CD-ROM: any standard 100% ATAPI complient IDE CD-ROM
CDR: (not essential but much wanted) not too expensive and must work
with Linux
video card: Matrox Millenium G200 8M or 16M, Matrox Mystique G200 8M or
16M
floppy drive: standard 3.5" floppy
sound card: SB16 or SBPro (linux support), maybe SB Live

PS
 due to spam I've had to add a phony 1 infront of my e-mail address.