LINUX JUST HANGS

Post by Maile » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I have a redhat linux box but once every week it FREEZES. Can anyone
help.
dmesg does not reveal anything.
You can ping the machine but that is about all you can do.

Thanks.

LINUX JUST HANGS

Post by Noden » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Now _that_ is helpful information. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to
give people who might be able to help you some informations about your
system.

--

Clment "Nodens" Hermann_____________________________________

"de la musique avant toute chose,      .^.               ___ !

et pour cela prfre les pingouins"   /_V_\    o   o    l   l!

(librement, et sans remords aucun,   / ___ \  l   l     l   l!

 adapt de Verlaine)                ( (   ) ) l___l    o   o !

_____________________________________\_\_/_/_________________!

LINUX JUST HANGS

Post by Maile » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Sorry.

More Info.

RedHat 6.0 running on COMPAQ PROLIANT SERVER with double processor and
128MB RAM. SCSI LVD DRIVES * 5.

Thanks.

> Hello,

> I have a redhat linux box but once every week it FREEZES. Can anyone
> help.
> dmesg does not reveal anything.
> You can ping the machine but that is about all you can do.

> Thanks.

LINUX JUST HANGS

Post by Orion Henr » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> Sorry.

> More Info.

> RedHat 6.0 running on COMPAQ PROLIANT SERVER with double processor and
> 128MB RAM. SCSI LVD DRIVES * 5.

Have you updated to a newer (2.2.14) kernel?
Do you have a UPS?
Do you have adequate cooling?
Have you checked your RAM?
Have you checked the logs for oopses/etc?
Can you ssh/telnet to the machine once it hangs?
Have you tried connecting a dump terminal to the
  serial port to log error messages externally?
Will it crash if X is not running?

1. Linux SuSE Hangs when i try to conect whith win95 thrue a network

When I try to open a connection throe a network card Linux <> Win 95 the
whole system crashes .
I have to restart Linux completely.
I use TCP/IP on both sides (can it be that I can not find NETBIOS in my
win95 if so how do I find it and how do I install it, its the only thing I
can think off.).
Linux recognises the network card and other than this it runs perfectly.
Who can help me?

2. how to to print on Win98 from Linux over internal network

3. Linux 1.0 hangs PC/TCP system

4. Ahhhg Mount altering file access

5. Linux Boot Hang

6. MKSYSB on DVD-RAM - Error 0512-305 mkcd:

7. Linux console hangs, kernel continues

8. Question: How to customize core dump in multi-threaded processes

9. Syquest disk caused Linux to hang

10. Linux Install Hangs/Second Hard Drive

11. Install linux keeps hanging

12. Linux shutdown hangs on usb.c: deregestering driver usbdevfs

13. Linux boot hangs