Need help installing Zoran video capture kernel module

Need help installing Zoran video capture kernel module

Post by Stealth Dav » Mon, 05 Feb 2001 09:07:37

I'm trying to install my Pinnacle DC10+ card into the 2.4.1 kernel, but
I'm not getting the option using 'make xconfig' or 'make config'.  When I
go to the Video For Linux option menu, the Zoran options are greyed out.
I'm using Mandrake Linux 7.2 with a 2.4.1 kernel.  DrakHardware and the
boot.log both verify that the DC10+ is being identified correctly.
Granted, I am very new to Linux (I went dual-boot a week ago) so I may
not have set something correctly before running xconfig but I'm at a loss
here.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to get this module installed
I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
- Stealth Dave

1. Pinnacle DC10+ Video Capture Card (zoran chipset) on Redhad 8.0 - "Device Not Found"

I just completed building a Linux box for home use.  I moved my
DC10+ video card (zoran chip set) from my PC.  The install of
Redhat 8.0 found the card, the hardware browser sees it and indentifies
the driver as zr36067.  Using modprobe, I made sure the zr36067
module was loaded but lavrec gives the message:

**ERROR: [lavrec] Error opening video-device (/dev/video0): No such device

The device entry exists for /dev/video0 and uses major device number 81.
Everything else loaded up just fine with this install.

I would assume there is something else that needs to be done to connect the
entry in /dev/video0 to the device driver.

/proc/pci shows that it exists.  It happens to be using the same irq as the
builtin sound card although the memory addresses are different.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank you for your time

Bob Styma

2. Start x al boot time

3. Help Please with video for linux zoran (Buz) kernel driver

4. Need to use an HP660C: How?

5. Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/misc/zoran.o: 2.4.17 kernel

6. (patch for Bash) list comprehension and filtering

7. mutiple tv tuner cards and video capture cards, help needed

8. smalltalk/x under linux 1.3.100

9. help for X windows video capture needed

10. drm-kernel help for ATI AIW Rage 128 Pro and video capture

11. HELP! Solaris x86 Video Capture Driver Software Needed

12. Need Help with Video Capture

13. aha1542, module vs kernel, kernel doesn't work, need kernel