Parallel Zip Drives

Post by pces » Wed, 20 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>  how can I address a parallel device (mainly my zip drive)

Umm.. probably Mr. ZIP drive, or Mr. Parallel device?

heh.. ok, sorry.. was just being facetious there..

Anyway, the whole process of getting a Parallel device(ZIP drive) to
run in Linux is explained in the ZIP-DRIVE mini howto,
courtesy of the Linux Documentation Project...

Try the following link:-

 http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/mini/ZIP-Drive.html

1. parallel zip drive + additional parallel card

Hi all,

I need more storage spaces on my computer. After all things considered,
I am about to purchase a parallel version zip drive. Also considering to
get myself an additional parallel card, since I've heard that it is
impossible to use parallel zip and printer simultaneously.

The problem is I don't know how to do it, where to start.... in one word
I have no idear how I can get these things done. Of course, I have
already read the zip mini howto but I could not understand it very well
due to my limited knowledge. Oh, I am using Red Hat Linux 5.1.

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

2. X25 for Linux

3. Iomega ZIP parallel zip drive under red hat linux 6.0 problem solved

4. Question about dump()

5. RH5.0 Installing a parallel zip drive

6. How to add entries to khelpcenter

7. Parallel Zip Drive Problem

8. Segmentation fault on starting java

9. Boot to a Parallel Zip Drive?

10. ppa for Parallel Zip drive

11. Parallel ZIP drive problems

12. How to mount/view parallel Zip Drive..?

13. getting parallel zip drive loaded on bootup