Promise Fastrak-66 RAID Card beta Drivers available!!

Promise Fastrak-66 RAID Card beta Drivers available!!

Post by Mathe » Tue, 16 May 2000 04:00:00

They are not on the promise web site, but if you go there
 http://www.promise.com )
and send an email off to tech support, you'll find there is a beta for
 RedHat 6.0, and RedHat 6.1

Cheers,
Mathew Frank

1. ATA RAID with Promise Fastrak 100TX2: Querying the RAID state

Dear Linux users

I'm using SuSE Linux 8.0 Professional and a Promise Fastrak 100TX2 IDE RAID
controller on my server, where the "pdcraid" and "ataraid" kernel drivers
have been loaded.

I'd like to implement a simple RAID watching job which sends me a mail or
SMS when a disk fails. With software RAID, I typically would implement
something like this one:

#!/bin/ksh
# sheduled job
if ! diff /proc/mdstat /usr/local/mdstat_should.txt >/dev/null
then

Dear Sysop

A disk in your RAID volume is failed. Please replace the damaged disk
as soon as possible.
EOF
fi

=> "crontab -e" and shedule it e.g. every 3 hour, i.e. I compare the
/proc/mdstat with a reference state and in case of difference, I produce an
alert (e-mail in this case; it also could be a "yaps"/"smsclient" sent SMS
to a cellphone, of course) when something differs. Of course,
mdstat_should.txt has been created once during Linux installation with a
command like

cp /proc/mdstat /usr/local/mdstat_should.txt

Question: Does anybody know something like /proc/mdstat in the Promise
kernel driver for querying the current RAID state? How can I differ betwenn
everything ok and a failure situation?

Any hints are appreciated. :-)

           Andreas

2. tcp/ip probs...HELP !!

3. Promise FastTrak 66 RAID controller

4. Rant: suse linux - POS worse than windows

5. Promise fastrak 100 raid

6. initscript help (newbie)

7. Promise Ultra 66 and Quantum Drives with SW Raid (Striped)

8. Compiling the kernel

9. Promise FastTrak 66 IDE RAID Controller

10. Promise Fast Track 66 UDMA Raid Controller

11. Promise ATA/66 and RAID controlers.

12. FreeBSD compatible with Promise FASTRAK RAID array?

13. Re. support for Promise FastTrack 66 IDE RAID controller