DVD-ROM drive support?

Post by Jeffery Fleische » Mon, 12 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Yes, they are.  At least on my Redhat 5.0 Box.

>I noticed that the hardware compatibility lists say that DVD drives are not
>supported (redhat's specifically states that they aren't). But are they
>supported as *CD* drives?

1. DVD-ROM drive support ?

I'm helping someone determine what components in his planned system are
supported by Linux. He's fine with everything except for a DVD-ROM
drive. Here's his original post:

"The drive is a Toshiba drive and the decoder board is from STB and uses
a media processor developed by Chromatic Research.
I don't  really except this to be supported as DVD drive I just want to
know
that it wont create any problems when using it as a CDrom drive."

Can anyone tell me if he can use this drive as he hopes to ?

== Dave Phillips

   http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html

2. ESS AudioDrive 1788 Setup

3. Can Linux support DVD-ROM drives ?

4. Find repetitive patterns

5. Does FreeBSD support DVD-ROM, and/or DVD-RAM?

6. Can't ping

7. Solaris, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RAM and UDF

8. Help! Unable to view certain sites

9. LS120 mega floppy and DVD-rom support

10. dvd-rom support?

11. Need a recomendations for Supported DVD-ROM and CD-RW in Redhat Distributions

12. Hard/Software DVD-Rom support

13. Help! DVD-ROM Support in Linux?!?