Intel PRO 100 VE

Post by Gora » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 10:41:45

I just got my new machine and it came with intels etherPRO100 VE (it was
supposed to have a 3com card). Intels web page says it goes into a CNR ?
slot and not PCI, though it should be supported with 2.2.5 and later.

The card is not listed as supported in the Hardware-Howto

When installing RH6.0 with a 2.2.5 kernel, this card is not an option.
Trying etherexpress 100 pro results in an error message that the device
can't be found.

Is this card supported ?

Thanks
Goran

Intel PRO 100 VE

Post by 2/much/hardware!! » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 12:43:27

I'm a Linux newbie, but I can tell you that the Pro100 VE is the NIC that is
integrated into the 815e motherboard chipset.  It is actually a great NIC in
a great chipset.  I hope there is a way to make it tick under Linux, because
I may switch to an 815e mobo soon.

Quote:> I just got my new machine and it came with intels etherPRO100 VE (it was
> supposed to have a 3com card). Intels web page says it goes into a CNR ?
> slot and not PCI, though it should be supported with 2.2.5 and later.

> The card is not listed as supported in the Hardware-Howto

> When installing RH6.0 with a 2.2.5 kernel, this card is not an option.
> Trying etherexpress 100 pro results in an error message that the device
> can't be found.

> Is this card supported ?

> Thanks
> Goran

Intel PRO 100 VE

Post by Keith Wheele » Sat, 03 Feb 2001 01:09:54

Goran,

Two suggestions. First, might try installing the 2.2.18 kernel. That may
support the PRO/100VE card. Second, might check with
http://support.intel.com to see if they have posted a Linux driver for this
card. I've always found Intel to be good about keeping updated drivers (even
for Linux) on their web site.

Good Luck,
KW

Quote:> I just got my new machine and it came with intels etherPRO100 VE (it was
> supposed to have a 3com card). Intels web page says it goes into a CNR ?
> slot and not PCI, though it should be supported with 2.2.5 and later.

> The card is not listed as supported in the Hardware-Howto

> When installing RH6.0 with a 2.2.5 kernel, this card is not an option.
> Trying etherexpress 100 pro results in an error message that the device
> can't be found.

> Is this card supported ?

> Thanks
> Goran

Intel PRO 100 VE

Post by Gora » Sat, 03 Feb 2001 03:59:47

> Goran,

> Two suggestions. First, might try installing the 2.2.18 kernel. That may
> support the PRO/100VE card. Second, might check with
> http://support.intel.com to see if they have posted a Linux driver for
> this card. I've always found Intel to be good about keeping updated
> drivers (even for Linux) on their web site.

> Good Luck, KW

I got a driver from intel and the nic now works with 2.2.5.
Dont know how I could miss this late last night when I was looking at their
website for info. I guess I was  too tired.

Thanks
/Goran

Intel PRO 100 VE

Post by Arun » Sat, 03 Feb 2001 19:18:40

Intel do Linux drivers in their site.
http://support.intel.com/support/swd/index.htm
However, I'm getting problems with a i815 based board: D815EEA which has
your integrated Pro100 variant, using the e100.o module (ver 1.2.1). It's
fast but not too stable with RH.

Cheese Mite!

> I'm a Linux newbie, but I can tell you that the Pro100 VE is the NIC that
is
> integrated into the 815e motherboard chipset.  It is actually a great NIC
in
> a great chipset.  I hope there is a way to make it tick under Linux,
because
> I may switch to an 815e mobo soon.

> > I just got my new machine and it came with intels etherPRO100 VE (it was
> > supposed to have a 3com card). Intels web page says it goes into a CNR ?
> > slot and not PCI, though it should be supported with 2.2.5 and later.

> > The card is not listed as supported in the Hardware-Howto

> > When installing RH6.0 with a 2.2.5 kernel, this card is not an option.
> > Trying etherexpress 100 pro results in an error message that the device
> > can't be found.

> > Is this card supported ?

> > Thanks
> > Goran

Intel PRO 100 VE

Post by Gora » Sat, 03 Feb 2001 22:35:53

> Intel do Linux drivers in their site.
> http://support.intel.com/support/swd/index.htm However, I'm getting
> problems with a i815 based board: D815EEA which has your integrated
> Pro100 variant, using the e100.o module (ver 1.2.1). It's fast but not
> too stable with RH.

What's the problems you experience ?

/Goran

1. INTEL PRO/100 VE

Hi,

I am trying to get OpenBSD to configure an INTEL PRO/100 VE motherboard LAN
interface and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

3.1 reported the device as an unrecognised network controller. Having just
updated to 3.2 (which among many other changes lists "recognise a few more
fxp(4) devices") the following line occurs in dmesg:

"Intel PRO/100 VE" rev 0x81 at pci1 dev 8 function 0 not configured

A pci sis0 interface is also fitted to the machine and working properly.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

2. RSYNC BINARIES AVAILABLE

3. Intel Pro 100 VE Ethernet Card

4. incoming/outgoing mail server all in one

5. Intel Pro 100 VE driver install help - newbie question

6. pppd in a chroot cage, DNS problem

7. Intel Pro 100 VE driver install help

8. Undeleting files

9. Solaris 8 and Intel PRO/100 VE

10. Intel Pro 100 VE driver install help - newbie question

11. Intel Pro 100+ 100% compatible with Pro 100B ?

12. PCI ID Patch for Intel Ether Express Pro 100 VE (82801BA)

13. problem with intel 100 pro ve