DVD-RAM on linux

Post by Eugene Grayve » Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:25:34

Has anyone used an EIDE (not SCSI) dvd-ram on linux?  If so, are there
every problems with buffer underruns (ala cdr)?  What file system did
you use ext2 or udf?

Thanks.
--
_____________________________
InnovICs Corp.

1. DVD SCSI burner, I want DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM

I've googled until I'm blue (would that be bluegled?) and I can't
find a DVD burner that has all of what I want.  These seem to be
what people like for Linux:

Ricoh MP5125A DVD+RW/+R, DVD-R, CD-R/-RW (OBSOLETE)
http://www.computervideogear.com/dvd-burners/ricoh-mp5125a.htm

NEC ND1100A DVD+RW/+R, DVD-R, CD-R/-RW (replaces above Ricoh)
http://www.computervideogear.com/dvd-burners/nec-nd-1100a.htm

HP DVD300i (DVD+RW/+R, CD-R/-RW)
http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/scripts/product_...
(watch the line wrap)

Pioneer DVR-A05 CD-R/RW, CD-RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD-ROM
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?...

All of the above units are EIDE.  Is there a SCSI DVD burner that
works with Linux?  My reason for wanting this is the wonderful
burning throughput I get with my SCSI CD burner.  I *NEVER* have
buffer underruns no matter how much else my system is doing.
I can even backup to my SCSI tape at the same time without
problems.  I'm nervous that an IDE burner will force me into
buffer underrun land.

Thanks....

2. How do i get my linux box to work with the internet

3. Solaris, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RAM and UDF

4. Help: Mandrake 9.2- my eth1 won't talk to my ADSL modem

5. Panasonic SW-9571 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM on Sun?

6. how to make a redhat5.0 cdrom

7. DVD-RAM or DVD-R on Linux?

8. Wangtek 5150EQ on Wangtek Assy 30631-001 Rev F Controller ?

9. hitachi dvd camcorder and panasonic mini dvd-ram disk

10. Does FreeBSD support DVD-ROM, and/or DVD-RAM?

11. Howto burn DVD-RAM and DVD-R

12. DVD-RAM with linux

13. RedHat Linux and Toshiba DVD-Ram