Linux & Future Domain SCSI card TMC-850

Post by graywo » Mon, 15 Jun 1998 04:00:00

: Can anyone out there help?
:
: I've recently started using Linux (Slakware 3.3) and can't get my SCSI card
: to work.
:
: The card is a Future Domain TMC-850. After installing a kernel with the
: 'seagate scsi' module I can't see my CD under /dev/sd0. What should I try?
:
This is the second post today where someone is looking for their cdrom
under /dev/sd(x).  /dev/sd(x) are scsi hard-drives.  Scsi cdroms connect
to /dev/scd(x).

--
Graywolf
(Tom Rittenhouse)

Post by Walter Harm » Tue, 16 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>: Can anyone out there help?
>:
>: I've recently started using Linux (Slakware 3.3) and can't get my SCSI card
>: to work.
>:
>: The card is a Future Domain TMC-850. After installing a kernel with the
>: 'seagate scsi' module I can't see my CD under /dev/sd0. What should I try?

how did you get it work using tmc8xx allway caused an error in the driver
for me.

        walter

--
-----
"The trouble with time-travel is one never seems to find the time."

1. Future Domain TMC-850 scsi card

I have a very simple system I am trying to set up as an "ix" box - 1 3.5
inch floppy, one hard drive (scsi, 640 megs, 100megs partitioned for DOS
and the rest for linux), Cirrus video card, floppy & serail controller,
and the Future Domain card for the hard drive and a NEC CDR-25 cd rom. I
have Debian, Caldera Lite, Red Hat, and Slackware. None have recognized
my SCSI card, either on startup or during probes. What helps
tremendously is the Red Hat dialog box, which has just a flashing
cursor  and NO EXAMPLES or any kind of explanation of the format it
wants you to input the info in. Bios finds the card, it works great
under DOS and Windows (in the last computer setup), and it is still set
for factory defaults, but the probes find nothing. Does anybody out
there have a TMC-850 setup running so he can let me know what brand
wizard's hat to buy?

Jim Daldry

PS.  If you aren't using this card, or haven't set up a system using
this one, please don't answer. I've tried a BUNCH of "generic" answers.

2. Doesn't wake up the crond on Slackware 1.1.2

3. Future Domain TMC-850 scsi card?

4. COLA FAQ 5 of 6 30-Nov-2002

5. Linux, SCSI CD-ROM, and Future Domain tmc-850 problems

6. Xferlog redirection for FTP accesses.

7. Help, Future Domain SCSI TMC-850 NOT WORK!

8. access to sysinfo structure

9. Future Domain TMC-850 SCSI Adapter

10. Future Domain TM-830 & TMC-850

11. Future Domain TMC-850 and seagate.o

12. Still having problems: TMC-850 scsi card...

13. TMC-850 scsi card...missing block devices