cd burning in Mandrake 8.0

Post by Allen Scofiel » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:45:48

I have an AOpen CRW9624 cd-writer (6 x 4 x 24).
Problem is...when I bring up Gnometoaster, I cannot burn cd's.
I load the tracks in and hit the record button...but alas, no recording.
It says, "No tracks to record".  I have checked the settings and I
believe them to be correct.  I can read from the drive as usual but
cannot record to it.  Any suggestions ? I am still new to Linux.

Thanks,
Allen
--
KNode / Linux-Mandrake 8.0
Registered Linux User # 216754

cd burning in Mandrake 8.0

Post by Andreas Eckled » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 04:19:00

> I have an AOpen CRW9624 cd-writer (6 x 4 x 24).
> Problem is...when I bring up Gnometoaster, I cannot burn cd's.
> I load the tracks in and hit the record button...but alas, no recording.
> It says, "No tracks to record".  I have checked the settings and I
> believe them to be correct.  I can read from the drive as usual but
> cannot record to it.  Any suggestions ? I am still new to Linux.

Please read the Gnometoaster User's Guide at
http://gnometoaster.rulez.org/documentation/gnometoaster_users_guide....
You'll find detailled step-by-step instructions there on how to
perform various tasks with GnomeToaster including a few screenshots to
make things clear.

Andy

cd burning in Mandrake 8.0

Post by David Hostetle » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 20:58:19

Allen.

I got fed up with the front ends that shipped with MDK 8.0. I downloaded
and installed KreateCD and it works great. I am using a Phillips 4x2x24
CDRW and it works fabulously for all functions.

Dave.

1. Mandrake 9.0: Please help - CD Burner is Detected for Burning, but not for reading

I am using Mandrake 9.0, dual boot with Win98.  My cd-burner can burn
from .mp3 files using 'cdrecord', but I can not see the files in a a
directory or play any music with 'cdplay' (or any other).

I know in all of these clues (below) may be the solution to getting this
thing to play but I am not sure how to piec them together.  Can anyone
help with this one?

(1) I set up scsi-ide emulation and my /etc/fstab looks like this:

/dev/hda5 / ext3 defaults 1 1
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
/dev/hda7 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/cdroms /mnt/cdroms iso9660 user,ro,noauto 0 0
none /mnt/floppy supermount
dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0
/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows vfat iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda6 swap swap defaults 0 0

(2) When I do:
'cat /dev/cd*'

I get:
cat: /dev/cdrom: No such file or directory
cat: /dev/cdrom0: Input/output error
cat: /dev/cdroms: Is a directory

but if I do:
'cdplay -c /dev/cdroms'

I get no message, but the cd does not play.

(3) Using Eroaster, when I ask it to detect the reader and burner, it
finds /dev/scd0 but I can not play from this location either.

(4) In Mandrake Control center the CD hardware is detected at /dev/scdo
and the Information panel shows:
capacity: burner
Channel: 00
New devfs devisce: scsi/host0/bus0/target2/lun9/cd
Old device file: /dev/scd0
host: 0
info: Atapi CD-Rw 52X24
lun: 00
Media class: cdrom
raw_type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revison 02

(5) My lilo.conf is as follows:

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
default=linux
keytable=/boot/us.klt
prompt
nowarn
timeout=100
message=/boot/message
menu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bw
ignore-table
image=/boot/vmlinuz
         label=linux
         root=/dev/hda5
         initrd=/boot/initrd.img
         append="devfs=mount quiet hdc=ide-scsi"
         vga=788
         read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz
         label=linux-nonfb
         root=/dev/hda5
         initrd=/boot/initrd.img
         append="devfs=mount hdc=ide-scsi"
         read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz
         label=failsafe
         root=/dev/hda5
         initrd=/boot/initrd.img
         append="devfs=nomount failsafe hdc=ide-scsi"
         read-only
other=/dev/hda1
         label=windows
         table=/dev/hda
other=/dev/fd0
         label=floppy
         unsafe

   I would greatly appreciate it because this has been an ongoing issue.

2. ext2 formatting and using telnet to connect to a linux host

3. ***how to burn mandrake 7.1 to CD***

4. Help for RedHat & Adaptec AIC-7890 / 2940 U2W

5. How to burn a copy of Mandrake Bootable cd 1?

6. Netscape Enterprise 2.0 and Parsed HTML

7. Mandrake 8 Freezes using gtoaster to burn a Data CD

8. Unix Expo

9. CD installazione Mandrake 8.0

10. TDK 12/10/32 CD-Rewriter and Mandrake Linux 8.0

11. Mandrake 8.0 install CD won't boot install procedure.

12. Mandrake 8.0 install CD error

13. USB CD burner in Mandrake 8.0