Q:Performance of Riva TNT X-Server

Post by Frank Weige » Thu, 15 Oct 1998 04:00:00

How is the performance of the new Riva TNT X-server ?

So far I've only seen one comment from a person actually using the thing
and he complained, the erformnce would be really bad ?
(It was over at /. after the announcment of the server there)

So, how well does it perform (and yes, I know no MESA support yet, does
it use the accelerated 2d functions ?)

Any infos aare greatly appreciated.

Frank

                "L'erreur est humaine,
     un veritable desastre necessite un ordinateur"

Post by Joel N. Squi » Thu, 15 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> How is the performance of the new Riva TNT X-server ?

> So far I've only seen one comment from a person actually using the thing
> and he complained, the erformnce would be really bad ?
> (It was over at /. after the announcment of the server there)

> So, how well does it perform (and yes, I know no MESA support yet, does
> it use the accelerated 2d functions ?)

> Any infos aare greatly appreciated.

It isn't that bad. The major 2d functions are accelerated, but window
exposes are pretty slow for some reason. Probably some debugging code
left in by mistake. It's better than an un-accelerated server would
be, and I'm sure it will improve once they release the server source.

1. X-server for riva tnt 2 32 meg

I am currently running a lousey 1 meg pci vid card < but it works > and
i want to put my riva tnt 2 agp card ... it has 32 megs of ram .. a
download site  where i can download a x-server for this would be
appreciated .. and a explanation on how to install it and then how to
access it ..

Yea i am a newbie and this question may have been asked a thousand time
before .. SORRY ...

Raticus

2. KDE Mouse Settings & Virtual Windows

3. X-server for Riva TNT ?