Adaptec 2940AU reset probs

Post by Tristan Tarra » Tue, 08 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I have problems with my Adaptec 2940AU. Whenever I enable the BIOS in
SCSISelect, the machine comes up fine, I then load up Linux (2.0.30), use
the thing, then reboot. At this point the machine hangs indefinitely at the
Adaptec banner. Any explanations ?

Tristan
--

Lo sai che la tua faccia somiglia a quella di uno che vale 2000 dollari ?
Gia'. Ma tu non somigli a quello che li incassa. Due passi indietro...

Adaptec 2940AU reset probs

Post by Stefan Roehri » Wed, 09 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>I have problems with my Adaptec 2940AU. Whenever I enable the BIOS in
>SCSISelect, the machine comes up fine, I then load up Linux (2.0.30), use
>the thing, then reboot. At this point the machine hangs indefinitely at the
>Adaptec banner. Any explanations ?

You have to turn on the Plug'n'Pray SCAM support in the bios of the
2940AU, with this setting on, reboots work for me.

Bye
  Stefan

--

                                 http://home.pages.de/~sr/

1. Adaptec 2940AU problems

I recently purchased an Adaptec 2940AU adapter for my system and am
having problems getting Linux to see it. I am using the Adaptec 2940
boot diskette but it does not report my SCSI setup.  I have a quantum
3.2 GB Ultra SCSI-3 drive hooked up to the 2940.  I also have a Mitsumi
12x IDE CD-ROM drive hooked to the M/B. Does the standard 2940 boot disk
support the 2940AU? I didn't see any mention of it. I am using a Pentium
Pro 180 on the Intel Venus M/B. 64MB RAM, and a SoundBlaster 32PnP. Is
this not going to work?

Jared

2. The Third Degree

3. Trouble installing Adaptec 2940AU Host Adaptor

4. Arrgh elm broken

5. Adaptec 2940AU problems

6. Help needed with sdtpdasync problems

7. Slackware on Adaptec 2940AU

8. Mounting USB CDROM - Unable to do so

9. Adaptec 2940AU does not work correctly with OS5

10. Fix for Adaptec 2940AU warm boot hangs

11. kernel 2.0.33 and adaptec 2940au

12. SCO 3.2 4.2 does not work with Adaptec 2940AU

13. Problem with Adaptec 2940AU