Leadtek Winfast A170 DDR drivers?

Post by Paul Gwillia » Thu, 22 May 2003 01:08:51

Hi,

Newbie install (Red Hat 9) to spare drive on an existing machine.
The machine has a Leadtek Winfast A170 DDR card that RH9 sees as a
Geforce4 Generic. It works but REALY slow in graphics.

OK, it's a Windoze card and not a Linux aproved but it is what was in
the machine when I started and I don't have a spare.

Anyone know of a driver for this card that might speed things up a
bit?

Paul Gwilliam
(Remove _ from mail address to reply)

Post by John-Paul Stewar » Thu, 22 May 2003 02:32:50

> Hi,

> Newbie install (Red Hat 9) to spare drive on an existing machine.
> The machine has a Leadtek Winfast A170 DDR card that RH9 sees as a
> Geforce4 Generic. It works but REALY slow in graphics.

For _all_ nVidia GeForce-based cards, get the Linux drivers from
http://www.nvidia.com/.

Leadtek Winfast A170 DDR drivers?

Post by Gwil » Thu, 22 May 2003 11:08:19

On Tue, 20 May 2003 13:32:50 -0400, John-Paul Stewart

>> Hi,

>> Newbie install (Red Hat 9) to spare drive on an existing machine.
>> The machine has a Leadtek Winfast A170 DDR card that RH9 sees as a
>> Geforce4 Generic. It works but REALY slow in graphics.

>For _all_ nVidia GeForce-based cards, get the Linux drivers from
>http://www.nvidia.com/.

Thanks, I was looking at Leadtek's site.

Interesting - it took about 2 hours to download, read, install, edit
relevant files, reboot, fix typo, reboot again.

Windows CERTAINLY has the edge on driver installation!