Wedge barcode reader for linux?

Post by Lincoln Ste » Fri, 15 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I've got a laser-based barcode reader from PSC systems that plugs
directly into the keyboard using a "wedge" system, and it works great
when plugged into a PC running Windows.  Plugged into a Linux box,
however, it drops and garbles characters.  I've tried setting the
intercharacter delay to a long value, but this doesn't help.

Any thoughts?

Does anyone know of a wedge/laser barcode reader that they know works?

Thanks in advance,

Lincoln
--
Lincoln D. Stein, MD, PhD               WI/MIT Center for Genome Research

http://www.genome.wi.mit.edu/~lstein/   Cambridge, MA 02139