Printing to an SMB Winprinter

Post by David Be » Fri, 29 Dec 2000 09:03:40

Is it possible to print, over a network, to a Windoze98SE print server without
the proper printer drivers?  The printer in question is a Xerox P8 (No e).
It's not just Linux that needs a driver for this thing -- My W2K machines can't
use it either!  It'd be nice if I could use the same solution for both Linux
and Windoze.  I was thinking, maybe there's a program I could run on the print
server to recieve the raw data and convert it as if it were being printed
directly from the that machine...  Does something like that exist, or is there
an easier solution?  Thanks!

-------------------------
David Bell - Otherwise known as DB7654321

Remember to remove nospam, notrash or anything odd looking from my email
address. :)

1. Printing to an SMB Winprinter

Is it possible to print, over a network, to a Windoze98SE print server without
the proper printer drivers?  The printer in question is a Xerox P8 (No e).
It's not just Linux that needs a driver for this thing -- My W2K machines can't
use it either!  It'd be nice if I could use the same solution for both Linux
and Windoze.  I was thinking, maybe there's a program I could run on the print
server to recieve the raw data and convert it as if it were being printed
directly from the that machine...  Does something like that exist, or is there
an easier solution?  Thanks!

-------------------------
David Bell - Otherwise known as DB7654321

Remember to remove nospam, notrash or anything odd looking from my email
address. :)

2. Multiboot - things not going too well.

3. Printing to an SMB Winprinter?

4. BusLogic SCSI Adapter on Micron

5. Printing to an SMB Winprinter

6. tlan configuration for compaq deskpro

7. SMB, printing over smb, kcmshell smb fail on Red Hat 7.3

8. unix2dos and dos2unix

9. printing with winprinters

10. Can connect to smb://192.168.0.112/share but not smb://NYS/share

11. should restart smb each time the smb.conf changed

12. Such a thing as "Secure" SMB, ie encrypted SMB?

13. smbsh /smb: Do I create the directory /smb