Problems with modem and RH 5.0.

Post by Alexander Dukho » Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I have recently upgraded to Red Hat 5.0 + updates. Kernel 2.0.32.  Machine
is P5-166 (non-MMX). Hardware is configured or so I think it is. Modem is
on /dev/cua2. It's Supra 28.8i PnP modem (COM3 in Win95).

Problem, is my modem is acting rather weird after the upgrade. Too be
precise, I use either Seyon or XMinicom to dial out to my ISP, it dials
out, gets through to ISP and then it's just hangs in there. Nothing comes
up on the screen for a couple of minutes and then it's starts showing a
letter at a time at the rate of 1 character per minute.

Funny thing is it works without a glitch in Windows95. I use HyperTerminal
and no problem like in Linux.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be a problem? Or what can I do to
correct the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Alex Dukhon.

*               WEB PAGE: http://www.voicenet.com/~dukhon           *
*         KEEP IT AWAY FROM THE FIRE UNLESS YOU WANT IT TO BURN         *