Looking for 486 EISA motherboard and EISA Config Archive

Looking for 486 EISA motherboard and EISA Config Archive

Post by K.J. Seefried I » Sat, 18 Feb 1995 05:05:48

First:

Is there a "Grand Unified Archive" of EISA config files?  In
particular, I'm looking for config files for several cards from
Zenith EISA machines (386/33E and 486/25E) and an Orchid EISA VGA
card.

Second:

I'm looking to pick up a 486 EISA motherboard (w/o CPU) and I
could use a recomendation.  The objective is to run Linux on it.

Must have:

- Run Linux
- Support up to 486DX2/66
- Have adequate cache (>= 256KB)
- Support more than 16MB RAM
- Standard mounting holes, etc.

Bonus feature, but not essential:

- Support for 486DX50, 486DX2/80 and/or 486DX4/100
- 72-pin memory
- VLB slot
- P24T ZIF socket

I might perhaps be pursuaded to buy a used one from someone out
there who has upgraded.

Many thanks for your time.

--
- K.J. Seefried III

Post by Maxwell Spangl » Wed, 22 Feb 1995 10:58:28

: First:

: Is there a "Grand Unified Archive" of EISA config files?  In
: particular, I'm looking for config files for several cards from
: Zenith EISA machines (386/33E and 486/25E) and an Orchid EISA VGA
: card.

: Second:

: I'm looking to pick up a 486 EISA motherboard (w/o CPU) and I
: could use a recomendation.  The objective is to run Linux on it.

: Must have:

: - Run Linux

I don't know what those Zenith cards are, but if you're interested, I
have a BusLogic BT757S SCSI-2 FAST card for sale.. it'll run great with
dos/unix/linux...

1. Linux vs. Gateway EISA 486/33

I almost hate to ask such elementary questions any more, but I'm at a
loss.  The system: Gateway 486/33E, EISA bus, Adaptec 1740A SCSI
adapter, NE-3210 Ethernet board (I think---it is in any event Novell's
earlier EISA Ethernet board).  I have tried many kernels and none of
them boot:  I get LI of the LILO prompt and the system stops.

Any ideas?  I know the first suggestion is to pull the Ethernet
adapter first and see if that helps, but the system is a bit of a pain
to open and reconfigure, being EISA, so I'd like to know for sure it
will help.
--
Stephen Walton, California State University, Northridge

2. ./fs/partitions/ldm.h

3. FreeBSD 2.1.0 install on a Micron 486 VLB/EISA PC causing grief

4. I am a Newbie, of course I need help

5. EISA or VLB (EISA th

6. HELP: Can you ID this HUB?

7. Can I run Linux on 486-33 EISA?

8. Laptop overheat under linux

9. Using Redhat <version > on an EISA that is 486 based

10. DIGIFAX Problem on EISA 486/33

11. Recommend 10/100Mbit Ethernet Card for EISA (486/33)?

12. EISA 486/66 + Adaptec 1542CF + 64MB - HELP !!